Main Menu

Pic for Hog Honey

Started by jlavallee, November 05, 2008, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlavallee

Here is the pic you wanted. A little heel wear but all good and a great way to finish the break in on the bike. I had to work my ass off and more than once I missed my GSXR but it was a good time. I didn't hold them up too bad just wore myself out keeping up.

BTW, Jerome took her for a spin and got some heel down too while I played with Treckker on his Aprillia.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hog Honey

DAMN .......... :o......... you got some brass ones for sure! I hope to ride better and be more confident, but I also hope NEVER to drag my boots on my Sportster................ the thought alone is scary ...... :'(...... plus I always say, "if I am leaning enough to drag my foot pegs (or boots), look out because I am going down" !!  :o

Thanks for the picks, I knew Justino would not lie to me, but I had to see it for myself. You are one BAD A@# HARLEY RIDER, I bow my head to you .  :D  YOU ARE THE MAN !!

Justin

Jerome is on his Aprilia, Russel (Suzuki) and Ron (the green Kawi)
Three great guys, and one crazy guy who had no problem keeping up!
The top picture has stuck in my head for well over a year!
Awesome.

No matter what you ride, we all make the same "Woohoo" sound.

jlavallee

No problem, don't be surprised if you start doing it too. I had a friend who had a 1200 sportster and I remember switching with him on my old GSXR750. Long story short, I ground his pretty chrome case cover trying to keep up but he was cool about it and thought the marks made the bike look better. After the pegs touch too much you just lift your foot and let it fold up. As long as you don't late apex and you don't put hard parts down it's all good. ;D

Hog Honey

Think I will leave the boot rubbin to those of you that know how to do it the right way. I tend to be a bit more laid back, guess you can chalk that up to age. My days of falling and getting back up are over (I hope). But like I have always been told, there are three kinds of riders.
1. Those that have not fallen  ;D
2. Those that have fallen  :'(
3. Those that will fall again  :o

So far on a street bike I am still in the first group, but never say never  :P

Think I will take my sporty out for a little ride today before the rain and snow hit again this afternoon. Thanks for the picks, that first one will stay with me a long time I am sure.

jlavallee

There are only two types of riders... Those that have fallen and those that will.

Hog Honey

Its always nice to have more then two choices  ;D
3 seemed like a nice number (even if number 3 includes number 2)

Justin

The problem with the two types of riders is that it could imply that once you have fallen, you're all set.

Those that have fallen
Those that will.
and those that will fall, again.

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on November 08, 2008, 06:10:55 PM
The problem with the two types of riders is that it could imply that once you have fallen, you're all set.

Those that have fallen
Those that will.
and those that will fall, again.

or like Putz...again...and again...and again....  :D :D :D :D

just pulling your leg Luke ;)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

jlavallee

Fallen is used in both singular and plural contexts so I have that covered.  ;D

Wouldn't that be great if you could fall once and not have to worry about it again? Damn, I'd be one fast mother.

I like the Nicky Hayden quote: "A motorcycle racer expecting not to crash occasionally is like a swimmer expecting not to get wet"

n10sive

Quote from: jlavallee on November 08, 2008, 09:04:00 PM
I like the Nicky Hayden quote: "A motorcycle racer expecting not to crash occasionally is like a swimmer expecting not to get wet"

I think it was Mario Andretti that said "If you are not crashing, you are not racing hard enough".
I have heard that translated to "If you are not in fear of crashing, you are not riding hard enough" (as pertaining to MX and RR).
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Hog Honey

Quote from: jlavallee on November 08, 2008, 09:04:00 PM
Fallen is used in both singular and plural contexts so I have that covered.  ;D

Ok, what are you; an English professor? I always hated the English language just for that reason.  To many words that mean the same darn thing, or words that are spelled the same and mean something different. That's it, I am going to learn some other language   >:(  Someone get me the number to Rositta Stone so I can order some tapes! 
I'm just darn glad this site has spell check, now I need it to have grammar check as well ............ ugh  :-\

jlavallee

Hog Honey

Justin

(I don't understand the singular/plural relationship to it being a past-present-future issue)
Because I like to be right (even when I'm not) I will simplify.

OK. . . Here it goes. . .

There is now just ONE type of rider.

Those that are just about to fall.

Hope everyone is doing well out there.