Main Menu

Reflecting upon the 2012 ride season

Started by GreenMachine, October 11, 2012, 05:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I want to thank everyone for making the 2012 SSA group ride season such a success.  It was to-date the safest I've been a part of, in that it only contained one minor off road excursion.  In years past, we've had our share of minor and major accidents, but not this year. 

We accept some inherent risks with our sport.  And I'm sure many of us are probably aware of other ride groups or riders who haven't been as fortunate.  I know of many events over the years with other ride groups, that have seen devastating accidents.  And your safe riding wasn't for lack of riding great distances.  If anything, I think some of our overnight rides and day rides this season were some of the longest to date, less of course the (heat) canceled SSA Fecta ride.

Unprecedented too has been the number of new riders who've joined our group rides.  As much as that should present a problem for group safety, it was not.  Every new rider this season rode with respect for the other riders, within their means and in a mature way.  That's what amazes me the most, when I sit and think about it.  Having group rides with everyone this year has been a rewarding treat.  I want to single out each and every newb to our forum who rode with us this year.  I commend you for the way you handled yourself, for how fun it was to ride with every one of you and for contributing to the betterment of our club and sport.

Again thank you!  I like to think that we have some of the best and safest riders in the region.  This season validated that completely.

This isn't to say we won't ride again this year, but I wanted to express my appreciation before the season comes to a complete close.

:flagSSA :redbike2 :bluebike :ylwbike2 :blackbike :greybike :grnbike :greybike :blackbike :ylwbike2 :bluebike :redbike2 :flagSSA
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

KKM

Hi GM.
I am with you on all of your thoughts on riding this year. I am just sorry that the riding season for sportbikes is so damm short here in No NV.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

288RR

Im glad i was able to make it out on a few rides this  year.   Next year i plan on making  it on a lot more rides next year