Main Menu

Where are the Goat Roads?

Started by Mel, April 25, 2012, 07:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

I just moved here a few months ago and have scouted a few roads, but can't seem to find any real goat roads. The kind of roads I am talking about would be something like Six Mile Canyon but narrower, tighter and twistier, and bumpy. I should have mentioned paved, not a dirt road. Anything like this in the area?

Mel

GreenMachine

Not sure what county they're in, but you'll be in Heaven on Oregon Hill Road near New Bullards Bar Reservoir, La Porte Rd east and west of Brownsville or you could add in Forbestown Rd through Forbestown, CA.  You're sure to run across some gravel and enough pot holes and lumps in the pavement to maybe even bottom the bike out.

For the adventure of a lifetime however, if you're after destroying your sportbike's suspension, take the Lost Coast Hwy through the Humboldt redwood forest over to the the Pacific Coast.  That's a devil of a ride, guaranteed to put you in the hospital.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

I think it's safe to classify ebbetts pass, hwy 4, as a GT. Sonora is about the same. There is a plethora of them that shoot off of mesquito ridge road near forest hill. Welcome to the sierras!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.