Main Menu

Goin to Cali

Started by GreenMachine, May 30, 2011, 09:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Since it's so warm out, relatively speaking for the last day of May, I thought I'd do an exploratory ride over to Oroville.  Leave about 10 AM from North route Starbucks.  I'm sure there will be lots of sand on Yuba & 162, but I've got an itch that needs a cure. 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

Please keep us posted on the sand situation over Yuba. Next Sunday is the big one, the annual JP memorial ride (Downieville loop).

Thanks!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

I changed my mind and headed south instead.  Sorry can't report conditions on Yuba, but I'd assume they're the same as a week ago; heavy sand from a couple miles west of Sattley all the way to the summit, but mostly clean on the west side of the summit.  Go figure!

Nope today the destination was Modesto, CA.  via hwy 88.  I was feeling a bit rambunctious and took the hwy 26 split-off to hwy 49.  I recognized the road, b/c I rode the Sierra Century cycling ride there several years back.  What a beast of a ride! So much nicer taking the down and up hill sections on a sportbike.   :D

It's always a treat to have the bike down where it can breath.  So much power. ***Intoxicating*** Can't imagine what a hyperbike would feel like.  :P

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine