Main Menu

Proposed 8/22 Group Ride alternate 8AM start

Started by GreenMachine, August 22, 2010, 07:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Meet at the North route W. McCarran Starbucks -- that's where BigCat wanted to meet so that's where we're meeting.

*** Don't forget.  Today (Sunday 8/22) is a SSA track day too.  I was out there yesterday and the track conditions were excellent.  Participate, watch, ride the "Taste of the Track" and enjoy the good people out there. ***

Wentworth Springs to Georgetown for lunch, Mosquito Ridge (in/out) to hwy 49 to Downieville and home to Reno. ~400 miles

Here's the proposed route.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Sorry BigCat.  I missed you this morning, probably by minutes.  I had to reassemble the bike for street use and posted this thread.  Did you end up going?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Bigcat

No worries. I waited until about 8:10 and figured you were too wiped out from the track. Didn't see anyone at any of the meet points so I ended up riding solo. Greatday though. Perfect weather and I had Wentworth Springs almost to myself. ;D I think i'll be bringing the Blackbird out a little more often  ::)  I'll see everyone on Tuesday..

GreenMachine

I have your number in my phone.  I'll call you next time if I'm running late.  Ah, who am I kidding.  I'm always running late.

In the end it all worked out.  I had stuff to do for this upcoming weekend anyway and I napped for the remainder of the day.  But I don't take missing your rides lightly.  Those are lost opportunities in my book.  

See you Tuesday.