Main Menu

It happens again

Started by 2wcp, August 04, 2010, 09:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2wcp

Sadly I just heard about this.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20100804/NEWS/100804029/-1/news1802

A 30-year-old Sparks man died this morning as the result of injuries he suffered in a motorcycle crash Tuesday on Coney Island Drive.

Matthew Tarver was pronounced dead this morning at Renown Regional Medical Center after the crash, which happened at around 9:45 p.m. in the area of 85 Coney Island Drive.

Tarver was driving his motorcycle east at a high rate of speed when he lost control, causing the motorcycle to fall and skid into a curb, Sparks Police Sgt. Pat Dyer said. The impact with the curb launched Tarver and the motorcycle into a transformer box in a vacant parking lot, cutting power to several nearby businesses, Dyer said.

Tarver was responsive at the scene and initially refused to be taken to the hospital, Dyer said. Friends of Tarver's at the scene prompted him to seek treatment, and he eventually was taken to Renown via REMSA.

Alcohol or drugs do not appear to be a factor, but toxicology reports are pending, Dyer said.
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

GreenMachine

Curious circumstances for sure.  I wonder what his mindset was.  Sad either way.  Thanks for sharing that.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Very sad, my thoughts are with his family.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

speed kitty

I must have missed the memo on yesterday being "act like a dumbass on your motorcycle" day...between this bozo and the guy from the 395 accident...I swear  ::)

sparkygixxer

Quote from: 2wcp on August 04, 2010, 09:41:05 PM
The impact with the curb launched Tarver and the motorcycle into a transformer box in a vacant parking lot, cutting power to several nearby businesses.

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 04, 2010, 10:29:10 PM
Curious circumstances for sure.

This reminds me of those movies Final Destination.  When it was their time, the oddest, most curious accidents would occur.

n10sive

what the story does do is give weight to the need to be checked out by a doctor after a crash. This is a new requirement at RFR where if you go down you HAVE to go see the medics and sign a waiver to ride again. In my days as an EMT I have seen many delayed things like this. We just don't have MRI vision in the field and internal bleeding can be a real problem.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

mikey

sorry for the family     
ducati brothers

916 (2wcp 955 big bore kit)

Adiggity

Man, that sucks. Like n10sive said though. It gives us all something to think about if/when we go down. Especially as guys, I don't know what it is, but we always want to dust it off and say we're fine. Nature I guess, but this story is definitely food for thought.

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on August 05, 2010, 12:43:42 PM
Man, that sucks. Like n10sive said though. It gives us all something to think about if/when we go down. Especially as guys, I don't know what it is, but we always want to dust it off and say we're fine. Nature I guess, but this story is definitely food for thought.

We slide OK...we just don't decelerate well ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

This is sad and scares too!!  :o

A DRAGON

Damm another one we missed. I wish we could have told him about the track :(
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750