Main Menu

Sunday Ride 08/01 - Roll Call. Volcano, CA or ???

Started by GreenMachine, July 27, 2010, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkygixxer

Ok, here is what I did today from 4-6pm.  Hehehe, it was cheap and fun.  Gonna take it tomorrow, so hopefully it holds up well and people bring their SD cards so I can get lots of video.
http://picasaweb.google.com/sparkygixxer/FirstBikeCameraTest# there are two videos here too.

GreenMachine

That works well!  Nice.  The audio is better than my first attempts with the GoPro.   I'll have it on the bike tomorrow.  I put an 8GB SD card in it too, which is good for 4hrs of video.

Question will be, can you track that?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

OK, I'll be waiting for you guys just after the roundabout on 89 north of I-80 at about 8:30. 

I'll be in my fancy new red leathers, gotta break 'em in before I ride them at the track.   ;D

I have an extra 1GB SD card I will bring along.

Whoever is sweeping, don't stop for me; I'll just throw my helmet on lickity-split and catch up w/ the group.  If I don't catch up I'll see you at the convenience store in Sierraville.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

dub

That set-up does work pretty good, Trinie.  I think flip it around and the front view would be more interesting though.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: dub on July 31, 2010, 09:26:44 PM
That set-up does work pretty good, Trinie.  I think flip it around and the front view would be more interesting though.

I did it at first, but it doesn't really have that long of an extension to go past my knee.  I was thinking of turning it around a few times while on the ride and see how it does in that view too. 

The more SD cards the more video and angles we can try  ;D ;D ;D ;D

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

QuoteWhoever is sweeping, don't stop for me; I'll just throw my helmet on lickity-split and catch up w/ the group.  If I don't catch up I'll see you at the convenience store in Sierraville.

Thanks Dub, I'll pass it on to ADragon.

BigCat, thanks for the 7:30 coffee invitation.  I don't drink coffee, but I'll try to get there early this morning to join you.

I notified Dean and Wills too.  Wills didn't check the board and still thinks we're starting later.  I hope he gets my message in time.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

It's 38 degrees up here.  Talk about beating the heat.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: dub on August 01, 2010, 07:09:08 AM
It's 38 degrees up here.  Talk about beating the heat.
hahaha  YOU ARE A TROOPER :D :D  Glad you didn't curl your tail between your legs and go back home.  We had a great time.  We all did great today, IT WAS A BLAST.  And the ICE CREAM was the
B O M B!!! :P :P :P

ps
will get your sd card to you next week, just let me know where you will be or I'll give it to you Friday

GreenMachine

Sounds like both packs made it home safely.   Nice job leading Trinie.  That was a hoot!  I'm uploading the video off the GoPro now, but I won't have anything compiled until late tonight at the earliest.   Dub, you rode a good safe pace and very mature for such a youngster.

Here's one of 16 pics from today.  Click on the picture to see today's gallery.

Oh hell yeah!!  I take the pictures.  I get to add-lib.  :P

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dub

whooohoooo!  Great ride everyone!  I had a great time.

No prob, Trinie.  I don't use that camera that often.

sparkygixxer

sparkygixxer

dub

This picture is hilarious.  I've never seen someone look so sad while holding an ice cream cone.  hahaha