Main Menu

Sunday Ride 08/01 - Roll Call. Volcano, CA or ???

Started by GreenMachine, July 27, 2010, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Quote from: sparkygixxer on July 28, 2010, 08:01:53 PM

You are totally psychic Wiles...LOL   ;) ;D ;)

If you are going I may go too, are you on for the Sunday ride?

Yes ma'am. 

I opened a new window to see what I wrote in the Roll Call thread for this sunday's ride, then I realized I was already in it!  How did we get talking about bike nights in the sunday ride roll call thread?
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

sparkygixxer

Quote from: dub on July 28, 2010, 08:15:48 PM

I opened a new window to see what I wrote in the Roll Call thread for this sunday's ride, then I realized I was already in it!  How did we get talking about bike nights in the sunday ride roll call thread?

Cause we are DORKS!?!
Just go with it  LOL

wills

Let's do the 49 to Ballards Bar up Garrets favorite road (Oregon Hill) to LaPorte. We can eat in LaPorte and head back via 70, or 89 to 80 if 2 lanes are open on the eastbound side.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

dub

^ ooh, yeah, this.  I don't know this route, but if it's someones favorite road it must be an awesome ride!
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Alright you thread jackers!   >:(    j/k.   49 to La Porte would be fun too, but La Porte to 162 and back to Quincy for ice cream sounds better and I can avoid bump city. 

How 'bout this Wills.  I don't keep the train on any schedule and we skip Oregon Hill rd.   :D  Deal?

BTW, portions of the ride will be video taped.  I'll bring the image camera too in case anyone finds a Wonka ticket in their shifter.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 28, 2010, 09:44:49 PM
Quincy for ice cream sounds better
Weeehaa, there is always room/time for ice cream!  I'll follow anyone on that route  ;D ;) ;D

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 28, 2010, 10:42:57 PM
Trinie? you want to try the Kawai?
Hells yeah!!!  Has been years since I had a Kawi between my legs.  (Lets keep it clean now kids)  :P

speed kitty

Yummy, ice cream, I'm in. That's all you had to say to get my vote  ;D

All of these routes are new to me so I'm game for whatever is decided. Just need to know the meet up place.

A DRAGON

Speedy Kitty. If we go south we'll meet at the Starbucks in Carson City by the Walmart south of town. If we go North we'll meet at the Starbucks on McCarran by Mae Anne. In the strip mall with IHOP and 7-11.  Keep up with this thread and we'll let you know. ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

wills

Alright you thread jackers!   >:(    j/k.   49 to La Porte would be fun too, but La Porte to 162 and back to Quincy for ice cream sounds better and I can avoid bump city. 

How 'bout this Wills.  I don't keep the train on any schedule and we skip Oregon Hill rd.   :D  Deal?

BTW, portions of the ride will be video taped.  I'll bring the image camera too in case anyone finds a Wonka ticket in their shifter.

Have your girl call my girl to confirm our plans...M'Kay?
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

A DRAGON

Quote from: wills on July 29, 2010, 06:58:00 PM

Have your girl call my girl to confirm our plans...M'Kay?
H

Wilis that's funny :D :D :D :D :D

OK let's make a desision here. I'm for North ride. Where I really don't care. Volcano is kinda hot. I always like 49 and we haven't done La Porte yet. Let's get that one in. Round trip into 162. I've done it once. But I cool with it. Green Machine did you map it out yet?  49 to Marysville road or 49 to Bassetts over Gold lakes road to La Porte? I guess we can figure it out on Sunday. ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Okay I must have had a senior moment with the route map that I OP'ed.  Fixed.  Quincy to La Porte to Oroville back 162 to Quincy and home from there.  A loop of two great roads.  BigCat suggested this as the route on Tuesday night.  Sorry for the confusion.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

speed kitty

Morning, ok so just to make sure I have the main points down...

Meeting at Starbucks outside of Carson City, ride, ride, ride, ride, Ice Cream, ride, ride, home...Sound  right?  :-\

P.S. It was nice to meet you guys last night at Blvd Pizza.  ;)

GreenMachine

Quote from: speed kitty on July 30, 2010, 10:53:06 AM
Morning, ok so just to make sure I have the main points down...

Meeting at Starbucks outside of Carson City...
Half right, so not bad!  ;)

North ride.  Starbucks in Reno.  <SSA safe ride required reading>

sparkygixxer

Quote from: speed kitty on July 30, 2010, 10:53:06 AM

P.S. It was nice to meet you guys last night at Blvd Pizza.  ;)

You were great!!!  Can't wait to meet the hubby too, you both must be characters.  Oh, by the way, thanx for listening to me babble.  It honestly doesn't get that much better ::)  LOL