Main Menu

Sunday Ride 08/01 - Roll Call. Volcano, CA or ???

Started by GreenMachine, July 27, 2010, 10:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

07/31 Update: 8:00AM start time for this ride only

North Ride - Sierraville, Quincy, La Porte, Oroville, Oro-Quincy hwy, Quincy, Reno

We are redoing the weather canceled Buck's Lake NORTH ride, but slightly altered to also include La Porte Road <route here>.  I'll have an image camera and a GoPro video camera on this ride with 4 hours of video capture capability.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

I'll start.  North
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

B.

I like Volcano for a place for lunch. But Hwy 88 is like a freeway.

North. Hwy 162 is always a go with me. Even the loop you like to go on is good to. It's like Dean's favorite. I'm up for that. We could even incorporate a swim ride into it.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

That Rams' horn road into Volcano is a hoot. And the food at the bed and breakfast there is the best. Hwy88 isn't as bad as made out to be. It's still a good road :)
But no, I can't ride on Sunday so my input is not worth much :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

Sorry I'm hating on hwy 88 and Jackson so much.  My experiences where the CHP stalked me for 10 miles, basically pushing me down the road, then lighting me up, then the court calling my CHP officer b/c he failed to show and telling me to sit down and wait, then being fined for an infraction other than the one I was accused of, then the CHP stalking me again in the courthouse afterwards and in the parking lot until I drove off, just gives me the creeps.

If they were to treat MCs like everyone else, then I'd love to ride through and patronize some of the local establishments.  Dale, you can be our tour guide.

n10sive

oh, I don't dispute your problems with the CHP. Just calling it a Fwy. I heard that guy can be a pain, but I have yet to have made his acquaintance. I have seen him and gotten plenty of helmet taps though. But yeah, by your description I would be creeped out too. :(
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dub

I think I'm in for this Sunday's ride.  That north loop GM linked too looks fun.  But I'm down for whatever, I'll just follow the leader. :) 
I could probably do without another swim ride 2 weeks after the last one.  But, again, whatever the other, more senior members, want.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 28, 2010, 08:20:05 AM
My experiences where the CHP stalked me for 10 miles, basically pushing me down the road, then lighting me up, then the court calling my CHP officer b/c he failed to show and telling me to sit down and wait, then being fined for an infraction other than the one I was accused of, then the CHP stalking me again in the courthouse afterwards and in the parking lot until I drove off, just gives me the creeps.

Never happens to me, maybe you just looked to good that day in your leathers and had to take 2nd, and 3rd glances when you were in your civi's.  I'm just sayin!  ;)

speed kitty

Hi Guys, I'm new to the area and would love to do this ride. Where do you meet up?. I looked at the riding schedule which suggests Starbucks on McCarran as meet up?

Also, I want to do the swim ride on Aug 15th, on swim rides do you guys stop and swim?

Yes, I'm blonde but didn't want to show up wearing my bikini under my riding gear like an idiot.  :P

sparkygixxer

Great to see you in here speed kitty!  Yes indeed the swim rides involve swimming.  I went on my first swim ride with the group just a few weeks ago in Yuba, it was a blast!  The meeting places are as posted, and the closer to Sunday we get, I they usually give more details to the time and route.
Some of us are going to PJs tonight, what do you ride and if you come we'll look out for you. ;D ;D

speed kitty

I ride a GSX-R 750 but I can't make it to PJ's tonight, I have to work late  :( . I am however able to go to the bike night tomorrow night at Boulevard Pizza, anyone else going?

dub

Quote from: speed kitty on July 28, 2010, 11:27:41 AM...I am however able to go to the bike night tomorrow night at Boulevard Pizza, anyone else going?

Yes, most likely.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

A DRAGON

Yes I plan on showing up. I'll either be on my blk SV650 or my Kawasaki ZX9 with custom tank mural. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

Quote from: dub on July 28, 2010, 11:36:05 AM
Yes, most likely.

You are totally psychic Wiles...LOL   ;) ;D ;)

If you are going I may go too, are you on for the Sunday ride?

sparkygixxer

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 28, 2010, 02:25:30 PM
Yes I plan on showing up. I'll either be on my blk SV650 or my Kawasaki ZX9 with custom tank mural. 

You bring your Kawi and I'll give the Gixxer a showin   ;)