Main Menu

Got Multi-Day Coast Ride?

Started by Grey Goat, July 15, 2010, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Goat

Hey Y'Alls, 

I checked the 2010 Ride Schedule, no multi-day coastal ride is listed.  No mention on the general chat board either  :-X 

The southern Oregon / northern California coast has been clear & warm (cool, by Reno standards) for weeks, perfect for 'responsible' shredding of highways 1, 36, & 96 (although there is a lot of road construction on 36 right now). 

I have been happily destroying many sets of tires on my S2000 on the above roads this summer, but my 'Priller rubber still has a thousand miles remaining before baldness (like me?).  Is anyone up for a 3 or 4 day coastal ride? 

If so, post it up!  Hey, I really miss my Sunday rides with you all! 

XXOO   Goat 

GreenMachine

A Dragon, BigCat, and/or Wills have talked about an overnight to the coast, but I'm unaware of longer stays.  If they do, I think mid-August was mentioned.

I'm good with an overnighter (Sat/Sun) type ride.  Good idea.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Grey goat. I was thinking of the first weekend in August. I think it's the 7 th and  8 th.  That's the date I was thinking of. Let's try that weekend if it suits Green Machine and Big Cat ;D ;D

That's also Hot August Nights Weekend.  I'd love to be out of town for that. >:( >:(
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Grey Goat

Hi Jerome, 

I've got prior obligations on Aug 8 ... so sorry :( 

Anytime around Aug 12th - 18th is wide open for me, if anyone else is interested in a multi-multi day ride. 

Goat 

jlavallee

I plan on getting my coastal fix a little later in the year and on the Harley. It's too much work to keep up with you folks. If I am in town on the 7/8th I'd be likely doing the SBK775 track day though.

A DRAGON

Goat we have a General meeting on the following weekend. Then we have our 2 day track day the weekend after.  Shoot are we going to be able to hook up this year. I'll discuss it with Green Machine and see what he can do.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750