Main Menu

SCR - Monitor Pass roll call, Saturday 06/26

Started by GreenMachine, June 22, 2010, 01:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

A few of the SCR riders are going to Monitor on Satuday 06/26 and another group will join SSA for the annual Solstice ride on Sunday 06/27.

For the Saturday connection with SCR (an unscheduled-SSA ride), plan on meeting them for lunch in Walker/Coleville, CA at ~1:30PM, although they may arrive as early as 1PM.  It's planned as a swim ride, but given flow rates and water temps, probably more like just cooling your feet.  Join up from Reno could take place at the Huffacre and S. Virginia Chevron at 11:30AM, giving 90 minutes, with a buffer, to reach their lunch destination.

The plan is to head out after lunch over Monitor Pass, into Markleeville for a rest along the Carson River or other swimming spot of choice [optional], 88 west to Silver Fork rd, to Hwy 50 in Placerville.  For official details about this ride, see the SCR Web site.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Pulled up in Walker at the BBQ lunch stop right after they did.  Logan welcomed me over to their table.   I remember Jamie, from Parra's in Georgetown.  They had a group of about eight.  One Viper V10, and half and half sport bikes and enduros.  It was just like any of our group rides, really.  Nice bunch.  The BBQ pork loin was yummy.  No egomaniacs, just good people out enjoying the weather and comradery.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

I think I saw them on my way down 50 today heading towards SAC. I remember that motard.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike