Main Menu

General Meeting La Vecchia Saturday August 14th at 11:00am at La Vecchia

Started by A DRAGON, June 05, 2010, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Quote from: ThrottleAddict on June 08, 2010, 06:13:51 PM
Its not hard to grasp I understand it quite well, but if only one person shows up the meeting, does that mean only one person had a problem with the way the club was ran? No... so maybe it would be good for him to see how many people have issues... "put himself out there". I know when we had exec board members, many people complained to them, they then voiced their opinions. The same with most likely be true for this meeting... it would be naive to think it won't be that way...

Dewd! Let it go. If you have some input you'd like to be heard then show up to the meeting when we figure out a date. It will be soon. If you can't make it I'm sorry. We are trying to accomodate as many people as we can. This is how it is going to be. If you don't like it, so be it. Move on please.

Oneup

Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 02:57:16 PM

The first date, one guy is pissed cause it doesn't fit his precious schedule so Jerome tries another....nope that doesn't work either, then another, oops, nope not there either. You guys are being totally unrealistic about your expectations here (and quite condescending in a lot of instances I think). Have you ever tried to coordinate a meeting for 50 + people to attend? My guess is if you have you would realize that without some sort of compromise from everyone, then not everyone will ever be able to attend. I've scene Jerome offer up 3 different dates and you guys are still flinging it his way. It's quite obvious he's made some people mad, but if you don't want to be part of a solution, keep your comments to yourselves or keep them constructive. Thanks.  :)

Just to be fair, I wasn't pissed cause it wouldn't fit into my schedule.  I was pointing out that the majority of the membership had things going on.  It is a big weekend.  Anyone who follows this board should know that.  It's all on the calendar that I personally updated at the beginning of the season.  His post wasn't worded in a way that was asking if the date was ok.  It was a statement of when the next meeting is.  I had a smart ass comment.  I don't really care when the date is.  Unfortunately unless the day is moved back till August it will be next to impossible for me to make it.  I just can't get to Reno till then. 

It's hard to ask people to have a good attitude right now.  In the last few weeks some of the longest standing and best known members have become so fed up with the way things are going that they decided not to put any more time into the club.  It takes a lot to make someone who has been active with this club since 2004 to completely quit and delete their account with the forum.  It's easy to understand why everyone's upset.  I just hope this meeting is to resolve some issues and not just point fingers.

Have fun and tell me how it goes.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Quote from: Gangplank on June 08, 2010, 07:09:17 PM
well, respectfully, if Jerome & what's left of the exec board want a group of us to show up then let us know if there is an agenda & what it is. If not I'll assume it is support the club and the President in the current form  then respectfully I'll decline.

Are you listening to the way you suond? Honestly I think you need to get over yourself. The "agenda" has been posted here. In case you missed it, I'll repost it for you.

Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 04:02:13 PM
There is no agenda written out on paper Mike. Bottom line is there has been a lot of drama lately and Jerome would like to get everyone together face to face so there is no misinterpretation of what is trying to be said by either side through a computer and no he said she said. Just a good old fashioned face to face meeting so we can understand where everyone is at. This is why I say it probably won't be a small chat.

Call that your agenda. Or you guys can keep up your save the sportbike world stance and continue with all the banter. I'm out.  :-\

Adiggity

Quote from: Oneup on June 08, 2010, 08:26:02 PM

Just to be fair, I wasn't pissed cause it wouldn't fit into my schedule.  I was pointing out that the majority of the membership had things going on.  It is a big weekend.  Anyone who follows this board should know that.  It's all on the calendar that I personally updated at the beginning of the season.  His post wasn't worded in a way that was asking if the date was ok.  It was a statement of when the next meeting is.  I had a smart ass comment.  I don't really care when the date is.  Unfortunately unless the day is moved back till August it will be next to impossible for me to make it.  I just can't get to Reno till then. 

It's hard to ask people to have a good attitude right now.  In the last few weeks some of the longest standing and best known members have become so fed up with the way things are going that they decided not to put any more time into the club.  It takes a lot to make someone who has been active with this club since 2004 to completely quit and delete their account with the forum.  It's easy to understand why everyone's upset.  I just hope this meeting is to resolve some issues and not just point fingers.

Have fun and tell me how it goes.
The problem Greg is I think a lot of the attitude is from hearsay. Why not give people a chance to tell you their side of the story in a no b.s. face to face manner instead of hearing it 3rd and 4th or 15th person. I have made some really good friends in life whom if I would've listened to some of the rumors about them before I met them, I would've never given them a chance. If that is how you want to do things, more power to you. You guys want to burn Jerome at the stake, fine. I or nobody else can stop you. But just know there is an invitation to any and all of you who are interested in showing up to try and resolve some issues that seem to have gotten way out of hand. These forums have gotten us nowhere on these issues imo, except deeper into a hole. Lets try a new approach, hmm?

ThrottleAddict

like talking to a wall...    :-\

You guys have fun

:-X

Team Gorgonzola

The agenda is: anyone can ask for time, express themselves, perhaps ask questions, and get some answers. That's pretty much it. The wall is on your side amigo :-\
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Wow. This is totally 90210ish. When we find the time for a meeting we will post what works for most like we always have. You have to compromise to.  Why should I go to another Bike Night on Tuesday When I like La Vecchia. Just to talk to some body that had 6 months where they saw me all the time. But could talk to me? Spoke to some face to face they said one thing and did another. Please if you want to come to the meeting come. If you don't that's fine too. You make your own choice.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Lisa

Wow, holy DRAMA...
Ummm... How's about a day when most of the club is not committed to other events. The announcement of the 12th was just a bit humorous as the majority of the club will be at the AFM weekend and Miller.

I am not asking for special preferences just suggesting a date when the majority of the club would possibly be in town.

As to the agenda:
Why not bring a white board and as each person arrives write a topic for discussion on the board. This way everyone will have their voice.

I also assume that there will be a secretary to take minutes from the meeting and post the minutes where members who could not attend can read what was discussed.
"The purpose of life is to Live it, to Taste experience to the utmost, to Reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer Experience" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

ThrottleAddict

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 08, 2010, 11:22:46 PM
The wall is on your side amigo :-\

I have tried only to make a point. Instead of getting understanding all I have gotten was argument. I was just looking for "I can see what your saying" but that was too hard I see. I am very, very afraid that is how the whole meeting will be. Good luck in all your future ventures.

A DRAGON

Throttleaddict. I see you only have 10 posts with us. Who are you I don't think I know you. Do I? You have all these opinions and you only have 10 posts. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Yo-Diggity That Obama comment pissed me off. But I laughed so hard. That was so funny.  :D :D :D :D

I couldn't stop laughing. I called him and asked him to intervene. He asked me " Are you Kidding. I got better things to do than to try and settle something like that."  Apparently his change only goes so far too. :D :D :D :D :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 05:15:13 PM
Quote from: Gangplank on June 08, 2010, 05:06:28 PM
Well... If the meeting is to see who supports the current SSA as it stands now you don't need an agenda.

If you want change which a lot of people do then an agenda would be great.

Maybe I'm naive to think that. Maybe 10 or 20 of us all are.  

Maybe we should call Obama. I heard he's for change.  :P

He also got word from Hillary she said "The Taliban is against us too. If some of the members start wearing Berka's were in trouble. :D :D :D :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Team Gorgonzola

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

cobra23

I am in Washington and will not be able to attend.

I have heard of some of the latest (drama) events.

Support the club. I do.

Leadership is easy to critisize and hard to replace.

Wish I could be there for the meeting.

Ted