Main Menu

General Meeting La Vecchia Saturday August 14th at 11:00am at La Vecchia

Started by A DRAGON, June 05, 2010, 10:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Quote from: ThrottleAddict on June 08, 2010, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 02:57:16 PM
My guess is if you have you would realize that without some sort of compromise from everyone, then not everyone will ever be able to attend.

A compromise like driving one block west from where he will already be tonight to have a short chat with some of the people that won't be able to attend the meeting. That didn't sound unreasonable...

From all that's gone on in the past 4 months, I highly doubt it'll be a "short chat". There needs to be some serious discussion about where everyone stands in this predicament we find ourselves in. I say the problem arose in the SSA, lets resolve it in the SSA. Jerome is trying to offer a resolution. What do you say?

Actually Jerome, I personally think this should be scheduled for a day where we can have a meeting exclusively. (Not after a bike night) Just because I know hoe long meetings usually take and I'm guessing this one would be longer than usual with all that needs to be discussed.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 02:57:16 PM
Quote from: ThrottleAddict on June 08, 2010, 01:55:30 PM
Quote from: A DRAGON on June 08, 2010, 11:48:40 AM
I at SSA Bike night on Tuesday Night. Then I go home to my new son.
Sounds like your not that interested in hearing them then...

Can we please try and stay constructive here? The same could be said for you guys. The SSA has been having bike nights on Tuesday for how long?? Now Jerome is trying to schedule a meeting. The first date, one guy is pissed cause it doesn't fit his precious schedule so Jerome tries another....nope that doesn't work either, then another, oops, nope not there either. You guys are being totally unrealistic about your expectations here (and quite condescending in a lot of instances I think). Have you ever tried to coordinate a meeting for 50 + people to attend? My guess is if you have you would realize that without some sort of compromise from everyone, then not everyone will ever be able to attend. I've scene Jerome offer up 3 different dates and you guys are still flinging it his way. It's quite obvious he's made some people mad, but if you don't want to be part of a solution, keep your comments to yourselves or keep them constructive. Thanks.  :)

Like Andy said and I mentioned earlier we do not need anymore attitude. The men is reaching out and is getting nothing but condescending comments and back handed remarks. I am afraid that's not going to help solve the situation. I am working with Jerome for some kind of agenda, and a some rules for the meeting.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

ThrottleAddict

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 08, 2010, 03:37:49 PM
Like Andy said and I mentioned earlier we do not need anymore attitude. The men is reaching out and is getting nothing but condescending comments and back handed remarks. I am afraid that's not going to help solve the situation.

I am not trying to only be condescending but I am pointing out the facts the way I see them. I am seeing flip floping, maybe it just depends on what side of the line your standing. I understand the major meeting needs to be long, but that doesn't mean that he can't make a short stop to get an idea where people stand. There doesn't need to be arguing but it would help to see what the issues are and that a number of people have them. It will help to that whoever might be able to make the meeting may be speaking for a large group, not just for themselves. After the offer for him to stop by issued all they got back was, "I'm too busy for that". Sounded brash to me... maybe I'm just not good at censoring myself...

Adiggity

Quote from: Mike on June 08, 2010, 03:20:05 PM
I never complaned about the date.

But would like to know what's on the agenda?
There is no agenda written out on paper Mike. Bottom line is there has been a lot of drama lately and Jerome would like to get everyone together face to face so there is no misinterpretation of what is trying to be said by either side through a computer and no he said she said. Just a good old fashioned face to face meeting so we can understand where everyone is at. This is why I say it probably won't be a small chat.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: ThrottleAddict on June 08, 2010, 03:46:55 PM
Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 08, 2010, 03:37:49 PM
Like Andy said and I mentioned earlier we do not need anymore attitude. The men is reaching out and is getting nothing but condescending comments and back handed remarks. I am afraid that's not going to help solve the situation.

I am not trying to only be condescending but I am pointing out the facts the way I see them. I am seeing flip floping, maybe it just depends on what side of the line your standing. I understand the major meeting needs to be long, but that doesn't mean that he can't make a short stop to get an idea where people stand. There doesn't need to be arguing but it would help to see what the issues are and that a number of people have them. It will help to that whoever might be able to make the meeting may be speaking for a large group, not just for themselves. After the offer for him to stop by issued all they got back was, "I'm too busy for that". Sounded brash to me... maybe I'm just not good at censoring myself...

Well If it's wasn't clear, I stand with SSA and have been for years. Not a perfect club, mind you, but good enough for me. I am only looking to ride with friends and have good times that includes two wheels. I found it with Jerome a few others fellows. Not looking for hug and kisses, that's for my Italian Knitting Club ;D. Meetings like this will not be short and Jerome and I know that. It is naive to think there will not be arguing. I believe is a very bad idea to have anyone represent a group or anybody else but themselves. I think some the problems arose from just that. Everyone will get a chance to speak and be heard, all questions will answered and so on.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: n10sive on June 08, 2010, 04:05:52 PM
Put the dishes away first Alberto LOL

And the knives, forks, I am thinking about the chairs.....plus my cousins Guido and Luigi will run security ;D ;D
-Hunter S. Thompson-

ThrottleAddict

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on June 08, 2010, 04:04:33 PM
It is naive to think there will not be arguing. I believe is a very bad idea to have anyone represent a group or anybody else but themselves. I think some the problems arose from just that.

I will not get into my ideas of why the problems arose cause I will sound like a jerk again to some people. And maybe I just believe in a "perfect" world where conversations can be had without arguements. How hard is it to just listen to poeple and nod your head and say "ok".

Adiggity

Quote from: ThrottleAddict on June 08, 2010, 04:14:23 PM
It is naive to think there will not be arguing. I believe is a very bad idea to have anyone represent a group or anybody else but themselves. I think some the problems arose from just that.

I will not get into my ideas of why the problems arose cause I will sound like a jerk again to some people. And maybe I just believe in a "perfect" world where conversations can be had without arguements. How hard is it to just listen to poeple and nod your head and say "ok".
Not hard at all. Come to the meeting and you will see.  ;)

ThrottleAddict

Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 04:16:08 PM
Quote from: ThrottleAddict on June 08, 2010, 04:14:23 PM

Not hard at all. Come to the meeting and you will see.  ;)

And if I can't cause I am working... but am able to be out tonight? If its not hard to just listen and say ok, then a short talk could be had... I am just trying to make a point, I am not arguing for the sake of myself. Just trying to have an outlook understood.

Adiggity

Quote from: ThrottleAddict on June 08, 2010, 04:20:22 PM

And if I can't cause I am working... but am able to be out tonight? If its not hard to just listen and say ok, then a short talk could be had... I am just trying to make a point, I am not arguing for the sake of myself. Just trying to have an outlook understood.

Well I would say if you can't cause your working, but your not arguing for yourself then I'd say it doesn't matter weather your there or not......I'm confused. What are you saying? See, this is why face to face is so much easier and productive I think.....

Just so we're clear, I don't think a date has been set for this meeting yet due to everyone's conflicting schedules. We will figure something out and let you know as soon as we can.

Adiggity

Quote from: Gangplank on June 08, 2010, 05:06:28 PM
Well... If the meeting is to see who supports the current SSA as it stands now you don't need an agenda.

If you want change which a lot of people do then an agenda would be great.

Maybe I'm naive to think that. Maybe 10 or 20 of us all are. 

Maybe we should call Obama. I heard he's for change.  :P

ThrottleAddict

Quote from: Adiggity on June 08, 2010, 05:03:59 PM
Well I would say if you can't cause your working, but your not arguing for yourself then I'd say it doesn't matter weather your there or not......I'm confused. What are you saying? See, this is why face to face is so much easier and productive I think.....

You're right it doesn't matter if I'm there or not, but if it starts not mattering that a lot of people can't make it then you have an empty room. My point was that what Justino was offering was a good idea and should not have been turn down so obruptly. There could and may be many in the same situation that I was discribing for myself, if he is truely "putting himself out there" then he wouldn't mind making a stop to hear who he can.

I believe is a very bad idea to have anyone represent a group or anybody else but themselves.

So what you are saying is that the people who decided how the American government should be ran didn't know what they were talking about when they decided to have a repersentational government.  Fair enough...

Team Gorgonzola

What I am saying is that I don't want to tell you how I feel about somebody else or my issues with them, I want to tell them myself !??? Really is this such a hard concept to grasp? This is a just a bike club, not battlestar galactica. It starting to feel like a telenovela (daytime tv)
-Hunter S. Thompson-

ThrottleAddict

Its not hard to grasp I understand it quite well, but if only one person shows up the meeting, does that mean only one person had a problem with the way the club was ran? No... so maybe it would be good for him to see how many people have issues... "put himself out there". I know when we had exec board members, many people complained to them, they then voiced their opinions. The same with most likely be true for this meeting... it would be naive to think it won't be that way...