Main Menu

Monday ride - Gold Lake to Downieville

Started by GreenMachine, May 31, 2010, 11:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Called Dean Gixxr in Sierraville.  Figure on leaving Sid's bar in Sierraville around 12:30PM - Gaeagle - Gold Lake - Bassetts - Downieville.  All/any welcome as always.

Sorry about the late notice.  But better late than never.

Look for these two bikes or just catch up.  Pace should be casual, but fun.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Qwik

Your an Ironman Im all kinds of sore after yesterday :o
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

GreenMachine

:P  I was getting rained on in Truckee and by the looks of it, Hwy 89 north was getting a good dosing too.  Thought about going to VC, but there are soooooo many campers and NHP on the road, I figured it would just be a battle.

Disappointing weather forecast, but makes me all the more glad we took the shortcut to Quincy yesterday.  :D

Qwik, I'm just a passenger on my little 9R.  It's an easy ride.  You'll toughen up with time too.  Just keep going on our group rides.  Especially ones with TahoeBrian.  That boy can ride!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

Quote from: GreenMachine on May 31, 2010, 01:42:51 PM
:P  I was getting rained on in Truckee and by the looks of it, Hwy 89 north was getting a good dosing too.  Thought about going to VC, but there are soooooo many campers and NHP on the road, I figured it would just be a battle.

Disappointing weather forecast, but makes me all the more glad we took the shortcut to Quincy yesterday.  :D

Qwik, I'm just a passenger on my little 9R.  It's an easy ride.  You'll toughen up with time too.  Just keep going on our group rides. 

Dandelion and I rode up kingsbury, down Mt Rose, up Geiger and down 6 mile today. Small sprinkling over the summit of Mt Rose. Beautiful temp though!!!

BTW, was that BigCat up on Kingsbury? That or he has a doppleganger ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

It all worked out.  I spoke to Dean afterwords and he said it was all clear up his way, but a few riders did have to brave some showers.  He went up to Gaeagle, saw the clouds stacking up and made a hasty return.

I didn't see anything else posted, but had I, I probably would have joined you two.