Main Menu

bikes at Lemmon Valley kart track (Desert Park)

Started by Yard Sale, April 13, 2010, 03:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Has anybody heard of them ever doing motorcycle (supermoto) track days/practice?

Is the track worthy of riding on a bike?

independent

I asked the kart club a few years ago about riding bikes there, they weren't interested.

Maybe with today's economy, waving a few dollars under their noses might change their attitude?

Is anyone here a member of the kart club?  Maybe a friendly go-between could speak for us.

Their track is a proper road course for minibikes & supermoto's, it looks like wicked fun!

edmunsan

Quote from: independent on April 13, 2010, 06:15:42 PM

Is anyone here a member of the kart club? 

As a member of NNKC I was present at the last meeting in Reno. It was my first ever meeting. A newby to the club and Karting. I was advised not to bring up the subject of moto on the track at my first meeting. However I feel if we have list of interested SSA members, showing enthusiasm to the welfare of the club, NNKC may hear us out. Scheadule would be a subject to study. Membership fees are 275.00 annual per family. races are additional and NNKC members recieve a discount on racing fees for Karting events. When would we squeeze in our moto's? how can we benifit the club? I feel mimi moto's would be our only shot. I am open to suggestions on how to approach the club. Next Meeting is first Tues. of May.5/04/10. let's hear some :). NNKC.com is the site (currently being remodeled for upgrades)
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Yard Sale

NNKC does not own or operate the track, correct? They are merely a club running races and practices at the track?

I would love some cheap trackdays on a cheap mini supermoto with cheap tires.

independent

When I was asking around, I had the impression that the NNKC does own the track.  Maybe they lease the property from the Stead airport? Not sure.
Either way, their membership fees & race fees seemed on the expensive side. Thanks to edmunsan for stepping up!
Looking at their calendar, there's lots of open dates that (if allowed) we could rent the track & go play, get a group together & see what works.
No racing required at first, just trackdays like at RFR.
Maybe an SSA minibike division?
Judging from the SSA turnout for mini-flattrack last friday, we might be able to have two groups! Flattrackers & Roadracers both.
Great practice for the bigger bikes, at less cost.

Yard Sale

SSA trackday would be sweet! Big biike group and mini-bike group. Based on Friday night, you know we could do pretty well. (Might have to convince some people to swap from knobbies.)

I keep reading about all these $25 sumo trackdays (except for $60 Infineon). I want in on the action.

edmunsan

Head count: Maybe get count of interested members, Then I can e-mail the club pres. I know there are a handfull of long time members that are not receptive to any changes. Like Kevin say's there are a lot of open slots on the scheadule for revenue ehancing opportunities.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

independent

One!

Heck, i'd even join their club if I could get a key to the gate to go practice when there's no scheduled event happening.

Unlimited minibike track-days would be way cool.

Dragone

hmm, I have taken the karts on that track before and even yardsales 250 is way too much for that track.