Main Menu

Welcome to the New SSA Forums

Started by Admin CATZ, March 16, 2008, 05:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Ducatis at the top of any sportbike message board are just fine..... ;)
Find out why by watching any WSB or MotoGP races :o

DOC Presidente

ps good to read from you Andy ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

:P I personally would have like to have seen an aprilia. But I'm so happy just to be able to see it's all good. We're going to have to meet to put together the ride schedule for this year. Some time soon. If your interested let me know so you can get involved with the club. We will also be looking for volenteers to help out on the Track Day. Alberto suggested to have a few teams so one person doesn't have to not ride all day. Not a bad idea I'd say. The more people we can use in all the segments of the Track Day the better it would be for everyone to just have the knowledge.  What do you think? I'm putting together a list for the riders meeting. I'm thinking of a few changes already. On the first lap of the day we will go out with a waving yellow so everyone will know where the flagmen are. Just the first lap. After that we all should know where to look. I thought that would be pretty safe.  And start everone right next to the starters tower just to be safe. You know what I mean A-Diggity? Anyway let me know if you have any suggestions. The paypal should be up soon. So buy your spot early.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

JENX!!!

Hey everyone...Im Sidney. , just moved here in fallon last febuary (military). I have a 03 r6....just wanted to introduce myself. ;D...heres by baby.
[/img]
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on March 17, 2008, 10:41:11 PM
:P   Alberto suggested to have a few teams so one person doesn't have to not ride all day. Not a bad idea I'd say. The more people we can use in all the segments of the Track Day the better it would be for everyone to just have the knowledge.  What do you think? I'm putting together a list for the riders meeting. I'm thinking of a few changes already. On the first lap of the day we will go out with a waving yellow so everyone will know where the flagmen are. Just the first lap. After that we all should know where to look. I thought that would be pretty safe.  And start everone right next to the starters tower just to be safe. You know what I mean A-Diggity? Anyway let me know if you have any suggestions. The paypal should be up soon. So buy your spot early.

I think as long as we have 3 to 4 people who know the track very well and want to help instruct/guide, that is all we would need. Just have them lead the sighting laps at the beginning of the day(for those who want them) and then just go out and "snipe" during the sessions to make sure there aren't any hairball riders out there. You  know, run it like a regular trackday. I think the big thing is to have a MANDATORY riders meeting to make sure everyone is on the same page. J, I can help you on the riders meeting. We've done enough trackdays to know what needs to be said in the name of safety. (what's "cool" and what's NOT!) We've got to remember, we do trackdays for the enjoyment of riding at an elevated pace without having to worry about all the distractions you might have on the street. It is not a race and if you don't check your ego at the door, you could end up hurting yourself and/or someone else or worse!!

Oh, and I might suggest a standing yellow on the warm up lap. (that's kind of the standard for every trackday and race I've been to)

Now hurry up and get that paypal acct up. Come on, it's not THAT hard. ;)

Adiggity

Quote from: jenx1976 on March 19, 2008, 04:30:01 PM
Hey everyone...Im Sidney. , just moved here in fallon last febuary (military). I have a 03 r6....just wanted to introduce myself. ;D...heres by baby.
[/img]

What's up Sidney! I live in Fallon too. Maybe we could do the carpool thing for the trackday in April. PM me for more info.

Sierra Slider

Back in action...THANKS Zack  Your the MAN!!!  Zack you do understand your feeding thier additions  ;D

WELCOME BACK     NOW GET OUT AND RIDE
RUN IT IN DEEP AND POWERSLIDE HER!!!
WORK'S FOR ME....
YA YA I KNOW,  BUT SHE LIKES IT

Resistor

Nice bike, is that a speaker I see below the R6 logo?  I don't remember anything like that on my R6.
2005 GSXR-600

Team Gorgonzola

Sidney, wassup!! You just stumbled upon the coolest club in northern Nevada. Make sure you get to RFR on April 20th for some knee draggin' action ::)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

A DRAGON

Yo Diggity  I just have to get with Dean on Thursday to set everything up. I'm hopeing paypal will be up and running by Friday night.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Johnny

Welcome to the forum jenx :) and looking forward to riding with you and everyone else again!  Zach thank you so much for fixing the website.    I can't wait to go riding with the crew again.

Man... where is everyone else!? post up you lurkers don't be shy (at least say hi)!  Well, hope to see you all soon.  Johnny

Justin

I really like the idea of it being a friendly trackday.

Justin

[/img]

Hey Sidney, welcome aboard :)

JENX!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)
I just bought my ticket for the trackday on the 20th.(cant wait), its gonna be my first time at the track., Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Adiggity

Quote from: jenx1976 on April 02, 2008, 01:04:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)
I just bought my ticket for the trackday on the 20th.(cant wait), its gonna be my first time at the track., Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Oh and just an FYI Sydney, I have a complete set of bodywork for your bike. Special Edition and all. :)

JENX!!!

Quote from: Resistor on March 19, 2008, 09:31:21 PM
Nice bike, is that a speaker I see below the R6 logo?  I don't remember anything like that on my R6.

its the yamaha tuning fork logo. (decal) ;D...
hey Andy, I'll give you a call when i get my bike ready for the track k., i need it inspected to make sure im good to go.