Main Menu

Do we need a DIRT Board? Should I ad it? SPEAK UP

Started by Admin CATZ, December 01, 2009, 09:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin CATZ

Do you guys feel there is a need for a new board category on the forum from page just for Dirt/ Motocross type stuff? Is there enough of a need for this? Or would you rather just keep posting dirt rides on the General board?

SPEAK UP

n10sive

I think it would be a good idea.

I also think a rides/social events board would be really nice too. We have NUMEROUS posters during the summer posting up people looking for rides. They get lost in General. So it would be nice to do this too.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

zipbyu

Spring and fall is the time I like to ride alot.  This I why their are so many post.  Maybe put one up and see if their is an attraction.  You could always remove it. 
     I like the new moto video section.

Yard Sale

Not specifically related to dirt...

A rider who wants to go on rides with the SSA requested a calendar on the web site. He said checking forum posts is ineffecient/chaotic. He just wants to look at a weekend and see where a ride is and who's going.

I know there's something like that with iCal.

http://ical.mac.com/WebObjects/iCal.woa/wa/default?u=buff87&n=Hotshots.ics

zipbyu

Yeh, something not to be confused with the sunday rides.

independent

MotoPutz

We have a calander, its just that nothing is ever on it

n10sive

Quote from: Putz on December 01, 2009, 04:53:04 PM
We have a calander, its just that nothing is ever on it

the calendar needs to be able to have stuff added by members if that is going to be the ride bulletin.

edmunsan

Ya what he said! Im just not computer savy. Maybe n10sive could tutor me around the forum.
MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

Admin CATZ

OK I'll add the "DIRT" board and the "Other rides and events" board. I'll also look at the admin settings and figure out why members can't add to the calendar and try to open it up.

You guys just make sure you shop at BVH and keep me employed :)

n10sive

hey...I know peeps who ride over from the Bay Area just to buy bikes from you guys :D

And thanks Zack! much appreciated!

Admin CATZ

OK two new boards are up and everyone should be able to create an event on the calendar and edit their own events. The calendar goes till 2011 and at that time I'll need to adjust it to 2011/ 2012.

Now let's work on finding me a (free) 250 two stroke engine so I can build a full HD camera car for the SSA trackdays and get some really sick super close up footage of you guys.