Main Menu

Road conditions category

Started by dearmash, October 01, 2009, 05:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dearmash

It's towards the end of the season, so I figured I'd put this in the suggestion box for something cool for next season's ssa forums.

Basically the idea is a forum category called road conditions, in it threads of the different roads around the area, and in them posts with the conditions of the roads as posted by the most recent riders.

It's something that is informally done, but only as off the cuff remarks.  But honestly if I go out to truck route one more time and the road is sanded over from "edge working", I'm going to give up on the city on the hill.

Also useful considering we all have different schedules and different free times, so rides other than "the sunday ride" can be kept up to date.  Although I'm not one to really talk considering I've only been on two ssa rides... shh...

Anyway, it's something I'd find really useful, and I'd happily contribute road, 5-0, etc. conditions that I find around the area.

"I'm not gonna do what you all think I'm gonna do, which is, you know, FLIP OUT! ... Who's coming with me besides...'Flipper' here"