Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Im sorry Justin.

Started by JENX!!!, August 16, 2009, 10:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JENX!!!

Everybody probly already heard about what happened today at the track., Here is the video. Justin., Im sorry for causing your crash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCOb76dhbic
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Yard Sale

What happened to make him slow on the track? Was there a yellow flag up at the next station?

com3

definately a 2 way street on this one, jenkins.  part of riding at the track, in particular in faster groups like A and B is being predictable.  you expect unpredictability with novice riders and the likes, but not so much with the fast guys. granted, he was wearing an instructors vest, thus signifying he may or may not suddenly change his demeanor in order to assist someone and whatnot... 

still, methinks justin will realize, if he hasn't already, that his sudden and unexpected move of offering to wave you by, then drifting out to the right played a paramount role in simply leaving you no where to go, and no choice but in bumping justin.

i'm just glad that neither one of you got hurt.

XIII

knucklehead

Like I told you at the track bro, no hard feelings on this end. I just had a slower rider in front of me that I had been watching for a lap or so. I saw you in my left mirror at the top of the hill. My plan was to hold my line from 14 to 15 and then at the entrance to 15 just let my line drift out with a signal to let you go inside on the left. I did not swerve nor drift to the right in fact I threw a hand even before I touched the brakes. What I have learned from this and watching your video is when following a student, I need to be riding his or her line, not mine and I am truly sorry for that. Once again, S#*@ happens and there are no hard feelings on this end. We cool? LET'S RIDE!!!!
When in doubt....

zipbyu

Stuff happens, Oneup did the same thing there later that day and I gave him less room.  That is a good passing spot on the track, just a tad late.  I think you were carring alot of speed when compaired to Justin.  Lessons learned for everyone sense you got it on camera.  

Justin

Glad to see people being patient and figuring out what we can learn.  Thanks to you both for sharing this with me.
The other, slower 'Justin'

n10sive

This is too cool. I said it before, I'll say it again...and I can't say it enough. Justin is one of the coolest people I have ever met. Anyone that can come away from what happened at the track and be that cool about it...you just can't say enough about that person. a TRUE class act.  I'm glad he rides and instructs for SSA.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

D1NO

"Can't we all just get along..."  :P lol

JENX!!!

Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: n10sive on August 17, 2009, 08:56:29 PM
This is too cool. I said it before, I'll say it again...and I can't say it enough. Justin is one of the coolest people I have ever met. Anyone that can come away from what happened at the track and be that cool about it...you just can't say enough about that person. a TRUE class act.  I'm glad he rides and instructs for SSA.

Hey man to that Dale. Sid, thanks for stepping up and take responsibility, I know you felt bad all day about the crash. From the video it looks like weird timing and bad luck :-\.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Yard Sale on August 16, 2009, 10:58:09 PM
What happened to make him slow on the track? Was there a yellow flag up at the next station?
He was instructing a slower rider.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Dragone

A signal and then the close love tap.  shit happens at the last minute.  I am really glad that we had a riders meeting.  We need to stay up on that topic.

Dandelion

Quote from: knucklehead on August 17, 2009, 05:34:53 PM
What I have learned from this and watching your video is when following a student, I need to be riding his or her line, not mine and I am truly sorry for that.

Justin, I'm in B group and not comfortable passing on the inside leading up to a turn yet so if I was Jenx it's very likely I would have hit you too.  I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt.

As general info for all of the SSA instructors, I have watched the Z2 instructors take whatever crazy lines (within reason) the student they are following take and tighten up on them in traffic, as a result the pair are easier to pass.  Just something to consider for next time.