Main Menu

Rich Oliver's Two Day Road Race Class at Reno with Zoom Zoom on October 10-11.

Started by rich oliver, August 12, 2009, 10:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich oliver

For Immediate Release
August 12, 2009

From Rich Oliver---
I am looking forward to partnering with top track day provider, Zoom Zoom, to host the Mystery School Two-Day Road Race Camp at Reno Fernley on October 10-11, 2009!

Students will learn specific riding and bike set up techniques that I and my winning crew chief, Robert Ward, incorporated during my racing career to become a Five-Time AMA National Champion.  Robert will be giving bike set up advice and a lesson to the class on bike settings and how they affect handling which will really help the new rider.
Like all our Mystery School courses, it's about personal improvement by learning new skills, resulting in a huge boost in confidence with the bike!  Students don't have to be a club racer or a fast track day rider to take the class, they just have to want to improve their abilities with the motorcycle. 

We just require that students have been riding for at least a year and that their bike is at least 125cc.  Most of our customers that learn to flat track in our Two Day Fun Camp have never even ridden in the dirt, so as in the Road Race Camp, we teach the basics first before we go into the more advanced areas.  The whole key with any class is to build confidence in your students by going a step at a time, adding layers of skills, one by one, until you have taught the entire package. 

I'm teach this class the same way. Students will get the information, they can watch a riding example and apply it during their track session. The difference between us and other Schools is we don't lead students around all the time. I like to guide my students to figure out lines and techniques for themselves so that they can grow and apply the skills to all of the tracks they ride. Everyone will have plenty of time to work up to each skill that we teach and try it for themselves out on the track.

In addition to the riding lessons, we review bike set-up as well as great diet and hydration ideas.

The cost of the Road Race Camp is $495, plus track fees ($320).  Enrollment for both can be done as a package at http://www.richoliver.net/RoadRaceCamp.html.  Be sure to enroll into the group that fits your riding level--A, B or C.

We will be using the Team Oliver race team trailer and tent for hospitality.  We ask that our students pit close by and walk over to class. We are going to have breaks after each class and riding session, so there will be plenty of time to rest, absorb what you've learned and make notes. 
Upon enrollment, you will receive a Welcome Packet which will detail what to bring, where to meet, what time class starts, etc.  Be sure to bring a cooler with plenty to drink, snacks and your lunch!

Reno Fernley  is a cool track to learn on and you will definitely improve your skills and enjoy working with the Mystery School staff!

Want to enroll or learn more about the class?  Visit: http://www.richoliver.net/RoadRaceCamp.html or call 559-855-3089.