Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Aug 16 SSA Track Day

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), July 31, 2009, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

was nice seeing everyone today! The trackday was well run in my opinion. All the instructors did a great job!

Hope those of you who had mishaps today heal up fast. Seems there was a rash of bad luck in the morning. Justin's speech seemed to help the afternoon go smoother. We just need to add "When you raise your hand to get off the track, do it from the right hand side and DON'T make a hard right across the track to get off of it!"  >:(
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

youngster775

this message is a thank you to ALL the instructors that were out there sweating your ass off dealing with people like me... I appreciate all the help everyone gave me, It made my day and I cant wait til the next track day! In the morning I was one scared puppy, while staging I thought I heard something knocking in my motor until I realized it was my knees shaking soo bad they were slapping my bike! :-[ but as the sessions went on, I got more and more comfortable and the last run I gave it my best, and even though I was still VERY SLOW, It scared the hell out of me! I LOVED IT!!!! so, If you were one of the many that passed me laughing, I dont give a crap, I had fun! ;D tonight Ill be dreaming about turns 2/3 and 12....
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

tmylynn

I wanted to add my thanks to all of the great people on this site, at bike nights and at the track day today. What a lot of fun. Even though I only did "taste of the track", it was a new experience and great fun. I can't wait until next year when I will have everything I need to get into it totally.

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly, whether you know me or not!

Dragone

Good to see everyone out their today.  Also good to see the riders meetings.  That helps us all to be prepared, learn the flags and do the appropriate thing.  Was a great day although a one dayer is not my thing.

JetdocX

First trackday riding the big green Tiger beast.  Thanks to the instructors who offered help.  It did!  Thanks to the faster guys who did not run me over.  What a kick in the ass! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dandelion

Good times with great friends!    8)  A HUGE thank you to the instructors and others who made this day happen.

Sorry to see Tom and Rick get hurt, heal up guys! 

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: youngster775 on August 16, 2009, 08:12:33 PM
this message is a thank you to ALL the instructors that were out there sweating your ass off dealing with people like me... I appreciate all the help everyone gave me, It made my day and I cant wait til the next track day! In the morning I was one scared puppy, while staging I thought I heard something knocking in my motor until I realized it was my knees shaking soo bad they were slapping my bike! :-[ but as the sessions went on, I got more and more comfortable and the last run I gave it my best, and even though I was still VERY SLOW, It scared the hell out of me! I LOVED IT!!!! so, If you were one of the many that passed me laughing, I dont give a crap, I had fun! ;D tonight Ill be dreaming about turns 2/3 and 12....

Your post remind me of my first track day,  :D :D I did not sleep all night before and and was sitting in my car ready to leave at 5:00AM. At the track it was like the first day at a new school; nervous, scared, confused. Fortunately the Dragon was with me and with his help in a few hours I was having the time of my life. Even the fastest guy out there had a first track day, you might be laughing at them before you know it ;D. I am happy you had a great time and thank you for all your help and dedication to the club.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Justin

Quote from: youngster775 on August 16, 2009, 08:12:33 PM
but as the sessions went on, I got more and more comfortable and the last run I gave it my best, and even though I was still VERY SLOW, It scared the hell out of me! I LOVED IT!!!! so, If you were one of the many that passed me laughing, I dont give a crap, I had fun! ;D
Yup!
That's the business, right there!

dearmash

Racetrack!!!

Super fun, thanks to the instructors, mad kudos.  Justin, Greg, Tom, y'all gave some great info, I'm looking forward to not scraping my pegs from now on!  The video really helps too, very convincing case to pick up a camera of my own to critique myself.  I have the damn thing looping all day at work now to try I come down from the high... 

Playa Shark

Wanted to thank everyone, especially Jerome and John, for making my first track a blast and an excellent learning experience.  ;D  Look forward to September and spending a little more time on the track and BSing with everyone.

Thanks Again.

paul

com3

whoo whoo!  great day! thanks everyone!  :D  and pics are not up yet, cause i was too damned tired when i got home at midnight last night, and i only just woke up about 45 mins ago.  hehe. 

they should all be up by tonight though.

thanks everyone!  eric, once again, you're awesome for lettin me use your scoot. 

Rick Bay (BRA)

I had good time last weekend at the track. However I confess I was I little bit scared because I crashed last time that I was at the track. This time I had "take off" tires on my bike I should be more confidence but I was not. Anyway I think It was very good for my first time after I crashed.
8) 8)
Well, also my thanks Jerome and Regina for the event, all instructors for always do the hard work and all others who helped on the event. We can not forget to say thanks for Alan's wife for doing a brave work all day on the hot sun at Reno Fernley Raceway.
8) 8)
Thanks Andy for the day before helped me with my tires.
See you guys again at next SSA track day!!!
Rick
;)

A DRAGON

This makes all the work worth it. I know how I felt after my first track days. It just kept getting better and better.

Thanks to all who showed up in support of the SSA. Remember all we're trying to do is make it more fun and affordable for us.

Just a thought..........

As many of you know I'm an avid Racquetball player and Baseball player in my younger years. I've been through 2 knee operations to get my knee scoped. I've know plenty of people who have severed their achilles tendon, Hurt shoulders, broken legs even taken a baseball in the mouth. They all kept playing. Why? Because it was fun. The rush of playing is what lets you know your alive. Yes one can get seriously injured. Sometimes things will happen that will cause you pain. But should you stop? Or be prepared to Quit? Not me. I know most of the risks. Crashing on the track and breaking something is not cool. But doing this on the street. Rick could have been killed. At the track. You couldn't keep the smiles off their faces. They were having the time of their lives. Do everything you can to minimize the risk of getting hurt. And just be careful. Wearing your batting helmet or wearing you eye guards.  We're all doing well. When GOD comes to get us. We're going to say " I had a great time while I was on Earth. Thanks for letting me do that. "

So keep this in mind when you hear about people crashing at the TRACK!!!!!
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

10-4 Jerome.  You are the men.

weavefish

Quote from: Dandelion on August 17, 2009, 09:15:22 AM
Good times with great friends!    8)  A HUGE thank you to the instructors and others who made this day happen.

Sorry to see Tom and Rick get hurt, heal up guys! 

Thanks Dandelion! its always a pleasure to see you!

Sorry if i have been quite guys. i dont like pain pills but have been on them so im kinda ugh  :-\ so lil report from my ER trip.... Concussion, torn/strained neck, bruised heel bone and a golf ball that grew on my elbow (named him jimbo)... bike  >:( Totaled

feeling 10x better

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen