Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Aug 16 SSA Track Day

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), July 31, 2009, 09:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

Justin

Cobra is a type of snake.  Picture an Indian playing a flute and having a snake come up from a basket. . . That's a Cobra.
It's common for military divisions to name themselves after the stuff you don't want in your house. 
Still no word on the  "USMC Genital Warts" but it's coming.

Adiggity

Just an update for everyone. Doug Polen will be at this trackday for those who are interested in getting some one on one instruction from a former AMA and World Multi-Champion. You can check out his site here. What an opportunity!  8)

http://www.gopolen.com/

Justin

sounds worthy of a new thread, adig!
very cool

Adiggity

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Tino on August 10, 2009, 02:37:23 AM
Cobra is a type of snake.  Picture an Indian playing a flute and having a snake come up from a basket. . . That's a Cobra.
It's common for military divisions to name themselves after the stuff you don't want in your house. 
Still no word on the  "USMC Genital Warts" but it's coming.
This kind of snake that an Indian plays a flute is called "serpente" in portuguese. ;D Kind of  SERPENTE NAJA.  ;D

A DRAGON

Rick my brotherahhh.  I have to admit I use Michelin 2ct on my aprilia at Laguna Seca. They worked great. I used them because I didn't want to buy a rack tire. I know they have the best traction but for my level I know their just fine.

It's like our conversation at the track. If it's in your head you have to go by that. Race Take offs gave me the confidence to ride my street tires harder. Now I know that my Street tires are fine on the track. I your not turning lap times of 2:45 on Fernley you'll probably be just fine.  A-diggity was wondering the same thing some time ago. He spoke with Zoran and you know what Zoran had to say. " Are you sliding all around on your street tires?" Andy Replied  " No" Then your O K just ride bike"  Wow!!!! Thank you Zoran for the advice.  See you at the track Tahoe Boy
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Adiggity

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 10, 2009, 09:49:17 PM
   A-diggity was wondering the same thing some time ago. He spoke with Zoran and you know what Zoran had to say. " Are you sliding all around on your street tires?" Andy Replied  " No" Then your O K just ride bike"  Wow!!!! Thank you Zoran for the advice.  See you at the track Tahoe Boy
True story. And I did learn if you are riding smooth and reaching the limit of your tires, you will start to feel them slide. But that limit can be reached on any tire. So sooner or later you have to learn how to ride the bike while sliding and be comfortable with it.  8)

Rick Bay (BRA)

Right on guys! Thanks a lot for attention with me. I'll see you both at the track...

2wcp

On my 05 GSXR for the Street that I was instructing on and going 2 up, I had the Pirelli Diablo Rosso which is a street tire on it. But it is all about confidence, if putting a track tire on gives you the confidence, then that's the tire you need. 
2 Wheel Custom Performance
2536 Sutro St Suite 12
Reno, NV 89512
775-303-1857
steve@2wcp.com
www.2wcp.com
Tues-Fri 10a-6p
Sat 10a-5p

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

joebobarn

How do you go about signing up for sunday's track day? I've been meandering around the website for a while now.

A DRAGON

Joe I see you made it. If their is anything we can do to make your track day more enjoyable, Please let us know. We'll see you at the track. ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

I see everybody tomorrow at the track!!!  Have everyone good time over there ::) ::)

n10sive

hey Rick...I'll be there! WOOPEEE!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike