Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

WSBK test

Started by Adiggity, December 11, 2008, 12:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

Looks like it didn't take Haga long to get used to the Duc. It's going to be hard, but I am pulling for Ducati AND Yamaha this year. Haga's my boy.

Too bad Spies crashed on day two. He was doing great! Would've been nice to see where he would've ended up if he had the full day.  :-\

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35161

Team Gorgonzola

This is going to be Nitro Nori year. He certainly deserve a championship. I am excited about Aprilia and BMW. Can't wait for the whole circus to begin..
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

reno240sx

I can't wait for world superbike. I think it is going to be a great year of racing.

jlavallee

I hope spies stomps the lot personally. Consider he's on a new ride, new tires, new suspension and new tracks and he's being very impressive.

Adiggity

Quote from: reno240sx on December 12, 2008, 12:09:45 AM
I can't wait for world superbike. I think it is going to be a great year of racing.
Fully agree there. I think the competition has been best in WSBK/WSS the last couple years compared to the other championships and I'm sure it will be the same in '09.

Resistor

Quote from: jlavallee on December 12, 2008, 07:17:13 AM
I hope spies stomps the lot personally. Consider he's on a new ride, new tires, new suspension and new tracks and he's being very impressive.
Same here bro.
2005 GSXR-600

Adiggity

Quote from: jlavallee on December 12, 2008, 07:17:13 AM
Well, this should make you feel good then! Way to go Ben!! That is impressive for sure! We're not talking about a bunch of slouches he's was running against. He looks weird with #19 on his number plate though...not to mention he's on a Yamaha......

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35166

Resistor

Don't worry Andy, he'll have that number 19 replaced with a number 1 soon and everything will be back to normal... except the Yamaha part.
2005 GSXR-600

jlavallee

Quote from: Resistor on December 12, 2008, 04:37:04 PM
Don't worry Andy, he'll have that number 19 replaced with a number 1 soon and everything will be back to normal... except the Yamaha part.

I've owned a lot of suzuki's over the years but the last few years it seems like they're loosing their way so I'm not sad to see him go to Yamaha. If he does as well as I suspect he will, I figure he'd be a natural choice to take Colin's Tech 3 seat in 2010. Mladin made him work hard every year so I think that'll pay off. To be honest, with so many guys capable of winning in WSBK the ability to stay on the bike and always finish well is critical. I think he'll have a shot for the WSBK title if the bike is decent. The sad thing is I figure that AMA will be a Mat show this year as I don't see anyone stepping up against him.

Adiggity

Quote from: jlavallee on December 12, 2008, 05:28:17 PM
  The sad thing is I figure that AMA will be a Mat show this year as I don't see anyone stepping up against him.
Well, he won't have to worry about Hodgson or Duhamel...at least not with Honda....
http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35171

Resistor

Ouch, that hurts.  Hopefully those guys find a ride.  The links at the bottom of that page say that Hodgson had the fastest overall time during the Daytona tire testing.
2005 GSXR-600

jlavallee

Quote from: Adiggity on December 15, 2008, 10:07:00 AM
Quote from: jlavallee on December 12, 2008, 05:28:17 PM
  The sad thing is I figure that AMA will be a Mat show this year as I don't see anyone stepping up against him.
Well, he won't have to worry about Hodgson or Duhamel...at least not with Honda....
http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35171

Yeah that is pretty sad. I don't buy the "economic woe" bit though as they still have other racing funded. I figure it's this whole DMG thing and their drive to turn it into NASCAR. If bike racing ever becomes like that toilet bowl league then that'll be the last I watch of it. Sure, make it fair but you make it too generic and how is it special?

russtman

When is the first race on TV scheduled ---or does anyone have a linky ----Adiggity???
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

Adiggity

This is the projected schedule for WSBK '09. I'm sure the races will be broadcast on SPEED. Couldn't confirm that for sure though.

QuoteMarch 1 Australia Phillip Island
March 14 Qatar Doha/Losail (Saturday)
April 5 Spain Valencia
April 26 Netherlands Assen
May 10 Italy Monza
May 17 South Africa Kyalami
May 31 United States Salt Lake City
June 21 San Marino Misano
June 28 Great-Britain Donington Park
July 26 Czech Republic Brno
September 6 Germany Nürburgring
September 27 Italy Imola
October 4 France Magny-Cours
October 25 Portugal Portimão

russtman

Thanks my brotha from anotha mutha  ;D ;) :P ::)
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.