Main Menu

How much would you pay?

Started by yzinger, December 06, 2008, 05:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

So I am CONSIDERING (not doing it...yet...) selling my R6 and moving up to an R1. This is JUST A FEELER, so its not for sale yet, however your opinion is greatly appreciated. Everything on the bike is listed below in my sig. So what would YOU pay for it? has 14k miles, oil changed every 1k, new plugs, etc. for those who have not seen my bike, it is below.

SHOGUN sliders
Full Graves Titanium
PCIII
Rumble Concepts F.E.
BMC Race Filter
RK Gold Chain
Vortex Sprockets -1 +1
Graves race replica graphics kit
Graves smog block off plates
tinted tail light
flushmounts
custom race stripe graphics
Blue LED street glow effects
Galfer Stainless Steel lines
Michelin PP 2ct
DB Windscreen (Puig, Blue)
Custom embroidered seats
Custom Dyno Mapping from SPL
HID 6000k kit w/ slim ballasts
Stomp Grip
Powder coated rearsets, kickstand, levers, rear axle assemlby, sprocket nuts, pass pegs.

Oneup

My opinion, stick with the 600.  My 600 gets ridden way more often than my 1000.  It is easier to handle on the track and way more fun.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

n10sive

5 dolla'

which means keep the bike like greg said  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

yzinger

again, haha, just kicking around the idea...so you wouldnt pay anything?

n10sive

Quote from: yzinger on December 06, 2008, 07:25:33 PM
again, haha, just kicking around the idea...so you wouldnt pay anything?

Oh...it's a nice sweet bike and I would pay SOMETHING if'n I were in the market for one (owning an r6 would be really nice)...but I wouldn't know how to price that. What year is it? 03's are getting in the 6's right now.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

jlavallee

Just keep it, you won't get anywhere near what it's worth to you in this market and at this time of year. Parts don't usually do much to add to the price unless you find the right person. I'd guess you'd get $6500 maybe $6800 but with left over new 07's around for mid eights it'd be hard.

Keep it. She's really nice.

Team Gorgonzola

I actually went the other way, From my 916SPS which I was having a hard time getting comfortable on the racetrack (full system, chip redone motor about 138 hp) to a 748 with a big bore kit at list 25/30 horse less. I now have nore fun and actually running faster time at RFR. Unless you are outriding the R6 ....keep it.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

yzinger

I guess I should elaborate more. I am NOT doing this for sure. This is just an idea I am kicking around. Trust me, my R6 is a LOT of fun, and I havn't ridden much that handles better. The reason why I am "considering" it is because if I can get the right price for my 6, the 1 wont be much of a transition price wise for me. For those close to me, they know how I am addicted to certain things. To go into them would be long winded for a forum  :P As for now, I am just looking for a balpark price. I know exactly how much I have put into my 6, and I know how much money I would loose too...

Adiggity

Is it an 06 or 07? You may find someone who'd buy it for $7 to $7.5k or maybe a little more if you found the right guy, but the market is tough right now. If it were mine, assuming it's an 07, I'd ask $8k obo. Take $500 off if it's an 06. Nice bike though for sure. You have to keep in mind, most people would rather pay $6500 for a stock one vs. $7500 for one that has all the googas on it, even though you've put way more than $1000 into those googas.

NVKrawler

I dont think you could get more than $6500 for it max... Hell, i bought my 06 with 1k miles on it for 7k. YEah it was stock but you will never get the money out of it...

And btw, who the hell wants to ride someones bike when the seats say Jason??!?!? lol

yzinger

I was going to insert some smart ass comment here, but that left the door WAY too open, hahaha 8)

reno240sx

Quote from: NVKrawler on December 08, 2008, 04:41:48 PM
And btw, who the hell wants to ride someones bike when the seats say Jason??!?!? lol

haha I was thinking the same thing.

yzinger

shhhh. not important. Maybe the "buyer" needs to be reminded who built such an awesome machine. huh? did ya think of that? 8)

Justin

I think going up is a mistake. 
I could have purchased any bike. I chose the 600 because
I would have to become a more efficient rider,
it's more flickable,
my idea of fun isn't trying to control wheel spin out of corners,
my track was RFR.  etc. 
Liter bikes allow you to be sloppier with the shifting.  I need to keep the bike spun up so I have to focus more on being technical.
It makes me struggle to pass a bit more, I have to be exacting and plan it in advance. 
Struggling to pass is turning my into a much better rider because I need to perfect my lines and brake deeper than the other riders. 
I know it's worth more than 5500, but that's what I think it would fetch. 14,000 miles, and most don't care about the mods.
I think you have the right motorcycle, already.