Main Menu

dirt bike riding

Started by Yard Sale, October 15, 2008, 11:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yard Sale

Track day season is over. I'll be rebuilding, tuning-up, and winterizing my track bikes and praying for rain. Because once it rains, dirt bike season is here and it's on like Donkey Kong.

Who's up for some trail riding? Moonrocks, Pine Nut, etc.? Moonrocks is all I know. Weekends and holidays only for me but I could be persuaded to take a day off on an epic day after a rain storm.

I've ridden with Kay V. and Mike M. I know Johnny, Putz, Lisa, and Quinn have dirt bikes.

weavefish

jenx can just ride his track bike lol  :P
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

MotoPutz

I'm down, I have to get some new meat on it but then I will be good to go...  And my schedule shapes up the same as Yard Sales.

knucklehead

I'm in after this weekend. Last round of AFM in Buttonwillow. I'm open for any kind of riding. In fact, the weekend of the 25th/26th I'll be at Sand Mountain doin' some dunin' if anyone is interested ;D
When in doubt....

Yard Sale

You need a 19" rear tire Putz? I think I have one or two.

MotoPutz

Mike Cullen

Ill be posting up if anyone wants to hit the pine nuts, (as soon as it rains) we'll be riding out there, leaving from the end of johnson lane.

zipbyu

I am in on weekends,  I am a little faster on dirt though.  I wonder how much faster I am on my dirtbike now because I got so much dirt experince on the ssa trackdays?

n10sive

Quote from: Mike C on October 15, 2008, 07:53:17 PM
Ill be posting up if anyone wants to hit the pine nuts, (as soon as it rains) we'll be riding out there, leaving from the end of johnson lane.

Wish I still had my dirt bike. I would take you out off Pinenut Rd (by the dump). It's a different type of ride with a lot less red clay. I used to be a J'Laner and never really like the clay out there when it was wet.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

zipbyu

Someone set a time and date this weekend now, or I will set a ride to moonrocks from Golden Valley on sunday at 10:00 or so.  We should meet at the high school and drive a mile north to the BLM. Anyone? Anyone? I know lots of tracks, single tracks, high speed mougles, fast trails, sand spots, rock spots and within a 35-40mile loop.  Let Talk!!!  Ya down.

MotoPutz

My bike is still out in Yerington right now, I have to go pick it up, so I won't be this weekend...

Yard Sale

I'm working on the track bikes this weekend and no rain yet, so no dirt biking for me yet.

Putz I think I have a Dunlop 695 rear in that size.

Mike Cullen

Quote from: n10sive on October 15, 2008, 09:46:05 PM
Quote from: Mike C on October 15, 2008, 07:53:17 PM

Wish I still had my dirt bike. I would take you out off Pinenut Rd (by the dump). It's a different type of ride with a lot less red clay. I used to be a J'Laner and never really like the clay out there when it was wet.

I grew up riding out there. From the dump area single tracks to dayton eldorado canyon to everything east, everyday after school and on the weekends. I used to love those single tracks but it seems the bicycle riders and horses kinda took over not to mention all the fences that went up. We try to head farther east and ride on mondays to avoid all the traffic out there.

n10sive

Quote from: Mike C on October 16, 2008, 08:57:24 PM

I grew up riding out there. From the dump area single tracks to dayton eldorado canyon to everything east, everyday after school and on the weekends. I used to love those single tracks but it seems the bicycle riders and horses kinda took over not to mention all the fences that went up. We try to head farther east and ride on mondays to avoid all the traffic out there.

You have to love Don Bentley and his fences out in the middle of nowhere :rollseyes
Last ride I took I went out past sierra spirit ranch and down to Topaz. Some nice views out that way. I live out by the dump up against BLM and miss riding dirt. But traded that for some track time :)

Oh...and you should see me motocrossing my ambulance out in El Dorado Canyon finding downed riders  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Quote from: Yard Sale on October 16, 2008, 10:28:28 AM
I'm working on the track bikes this weekend and no rain yet, so no dirt biking for me yet.

Putz I think I have a Dunlop 695 rear in that size.

I'll hit you up when I bring the bike in town... just be a couple weeks.  Thanks!