Main Menu

Bike suggestions

Started by chocotaco, July 30, 2008, 06:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocotaco

I was wondering what would be a good chioce for my first bike since I've never rode before?

JENX!!!

How about this bad boy..... ;D

all jokes aside....what kind of riding are you planning? best bet is to sit on diffrent once and see how they feel and fit you., take the MSF course then go from there.
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

chocotaco

weavefish

im sure there are many opinions on this matter.... i would stay away from a liter bike.... some would say stay away from any supersport.
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

chocotaco

If I got something with lower CC's would i still have fun on it?

weavefish

Yardsale rieds a TZ250 on the track im sure he could tell you more about it
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

chocotaco

JENX!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jlzKWAnQzI

they even make it in black!!!

I wish they sell these here....I would love to get one!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAELNL693Q0
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

chocotaco

n10sive

want some GOOD advice? Buy something USED...and OLD (CHEAP)...and COMFORTABLE. Forget sport bikes, forget dirt bikes. Get some 200CC bike like they use at MSF. Learn to ride FIRST. Putt around town, down the block, to school, work, the store....

THEN when you are feeling confident, go to a better USED, CHEAP bike. Now you can start looking at sport if your comfortable.

Move up gradually. Don't go out and buy an expensive sportbike just to go out and bin it. Drop the clunker. You'll loose a lot less of your hard earned coin by taking the cheaper route at the beginning.

Too many new riders go out and buy the bling, then they crash it and they are out all of their money...and a bike.

My two cents

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

chocotaco

Noleftturn

Oneup

I agree with n10sive.  There are a lot of good used bikes for a great price right now.  Since you haven't ridden before I would reccommend a smaller displacement bike with a mellow power band.  A ninja 250 is a great beginner bike.  Also a GS500, SV650, or ninja 650 aren't bad ways to go.  They are easy to find parts cheap, will let you get away with more mistakes and in the long run will be more fun than a supersport bike due to the fact you will be more comfortable.  Also running costs on smaller bikes are less (like gas and tires).  Plus if you get really good on a small bike its a blast to show up guys on more powerful machines.  There are guys on 250s and sv650s that can put down some insane lap times at the track.
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

A DRAGON

I have to admit I believe my sv650 has helped make me the rider I am today. They are so forgiving and let you get away with so many mistakes. I suggest a sv650 is the smartest choice you could buy. Like Zoran told Justino. "You cry less when you crash it." It's always so had to get a new rider who is looking at all that bling wanting to join in the fun. Your not going to run out with those people who have been riding all these years and match their pace.

If your nephew or neice were to as you what kind of car should they buy for their first car? Would you suggest the most fastest and most expensive one you can find. Or would you say buy something reliable and cheap and not alot of power. Control will come later. 

On the other hand your a grown man and you can do what ever you want. So it's what ever you think in the end. But looking back I would do what alot of people who ride all the time suggest. I'm sure 10 to 15 years from now I would be looking them up and thanking them for taking care of a newbee.  That's my 2 cents worth. Measure twice cut once.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

weavefish

my vote is the new 250r MSRP of 3,499 great bike...plus i wanna ride it lol