Main Menu

New "old" Rider Commo Check

Started by cobra23, July 27, 2008, 01:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

This is my first post. So if I screw it up, well I'm a newbie apperantly on a 50 cc ride. Anyway, met Jerome at Reno-Fernley today what a nice guy. (It's "Ted") I have ridden for 30 years, all in Washington state, moved to Reno last year all my old freinds in Wenatchee are reluctant to ride 800 miles "just" to make me feel at home. So time to find some people to ride with.

I finally did a track day with Zoom Zoom a couple weeks ago, went to Laguna last week. I have three bikes, Ducati S4r, Honda XR 600R, and a 1975 KZ 900. The KZ is a project, with updated suspension and a well gusseted frame, after a few years of tinkering, it is still just sitting in the garage not yet fully functional. Hey it's a great conversation piece though.

I am impressed with the number of sportbikes in the Reno area, went to a few Bike Nights at La Veccia (forgive me alberto if I misspelled), but mostly just watched and listened. Also attended a few bike nights at PJ's.

Ok so thats enough to bore anyone. Hope to get out and ride with you all soon. I work at the track on a few weekends in the summer, and also have a full time job in Reno which keeps me pretty busy.

Ted

buell12r

Wenatchee? I am from colville!

met these guys greate guoupe to ride with.  hope to see ya on a sunday ride or at bike night. 

welcome

Team Gorgonzola

I'ts all good mate. Maybe you don't know but I am not only a SSA member but the founder and Presidente of DesmoReno, the DOC of northern Nevada. I met Stoner and Melandri last weekend at Laguna Seca. but that's another story.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

weavefish

Welcome! im gonna have to track you down one of these bike nights and say hi
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

Welcome Ted (cobra23) I'm always happy when we get some new rider who didn't know we had this forum or this organization of sportbikes. The area is to big to not have something like this. Alll the new riders on this forum is great. Meeting you was just as good Ted. I hope you can make it on Sunday for our annual swim ride. You'll have a great time and I'm sure you'll go back on your own. Please fell freee to post what you want on the fourm and get involved with the club. We want everyone who wants to help to be able to do something. I am so looking forward to Bike Night to night. I had soooooooo much fun this weekend. I feel the club really bonded with the RFR crew this weekend. You guys were great. Thanks for helping us have a safe and joyious weekend. You turn workers are like a cool burn out.  I'm so stoked.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

cobra23

Outstanding.

We had a good time supporting you guys too.

I am afraid the swim ride got trumped by some honeydoo's this weekend.

Bike night. i am confused got a card that said it was thursday night, last year it was Tuesday night at LaVeccia. The card says something about 2 wheel custom performance. SO..is there two? I guess thats quite possible.  Bike night at PJ's is that still going on this year?

The Sonic Burger on N McCarren is about two minutes from where I work. Which one ?? I will stop by Sonic, on the way home.

A DRAGON

Ted. My 2 wheel riding brotherah. There are bike nights every night of the week in this town. OURS IS ON TUESDAY NIGHT AT LA VECCHIA ON MOANA AND VIRGINGA. Pj's is still on Wednesday. I will probably be there tomorrow putting your poster for your big motorcycle event coming up.

We had a great time tonight. So many things to give away so many riders. Still talking about our Track Day. You guys were pretty cool Thanks again. Sorry we'll miss you on Sunday. But I think you should bring the honey do maker to the swim ride. It's really a ride you don't want to miss. You'll be talking about it all year. But I do understand you must do what ever Yyou must do. See you soon Ted and be cool.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Johnny

Welcome aboard Ted and looking forward riding with you. :)