Main Menu

Guess who got ENGAGED to be married??

Started by Justin, July 23, 2008, 01:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

No, not me.  I am already married!

Seriously, I just found out that Luke and Caroline got engaged... just last week!
Luke aka "Putz"

He wanted to know how much he should spend on a diamond ring.

Does anyone have any advice?
Please keep in mind that Caroline is totally awesome and does a TON for the SSA.
(She's young lady who helps out with all track days (registration) and all the bike night preparation and all the raffle stuff)
Plus, she agreed to marry a guy called 'Putz' 

Grey Goat

Caroline sounds waaaay too cool for diamonds.  How about a new Aprilia?

weavefish

She Totally seems cool! how big is his wallet? casue it should be small after getting her a ring.  :-*
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

nvgixxer

Uhh ohhh.......................first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Putz pushin' a baby carriage!
AND THEN..............it's bye-bye motorcycle! Yikes!
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

n10sive

isn't the formula like the ring should cost 1/8th of your annual salary? (don't remember where I got that).
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

Quote from: nvgixxer on July 23, 2008, 08:28:08 AM
Uhh ohhh.......................first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Putz pushin' a baby carriage!
AND THEN..............it's bye-bye motorcycle! Yikes!

HAHA! that actually just happened to my friend, he had a XB12R, alon came little Vayda Jade and poof, bye bye bike, "they are too dangerous".

Quote from: n10sive on July 23, 2008, 08:39:27 AM
isn't the formula like the ring should cost 1/8th of your annual salary? (don't remember where I got that).

Wow, umm, no, we agreed on a number way lower then that... 

Actually her sister's husband sold his CBR to get an engagement ring, she agreed with me that wouldn't happen. Actually my engagement ring cost 25 cents (you know those little machines in the Walmart fun center, thats right). She believes in symbolism over cost, as do I. Thats how freakin' cool this girl is.

Adiggity

Congrats Putz and Caroline! Wish you two the best. 

As for the ring, Luke should know best what will make her happy in terms of size. IMO, too much importance is put on a damn piece of jewelry. It's how you treat each other through all the ins and outs that matters most. The quality of your lives together, ya know. But I guess this is a material world to most though. Either way Luke, nice work and again, congrats to you both.

n10sive

Quote from: Putz on July 23, 2008, 08:49:06 AM
Actually my engagement ring cost 25 cents (you know those little machines in the Walmart fun center, thats right). She believes in symbolism over cost, as do I. Thats how freakin' cool this girl is.

MARRY HER! NOW!!!!! Don't let her get away LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Resistor

Congratulations Luke and Caroline!  :-*

I couldn't agree with you more Andy.
2005 GSXR-600

buell12r

nv919

Oneup

Congratulations Luke and Caroline.  From what I've been told it's two months salary. 
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

zipbyu

Quote from: Oneup on July 23, 2008, 11:54:31 AM
Congratulations Luke and Caroline.  From what I've been told it's two months salary. 

My ass....Their we go again buying into what people or bussiness do, brain wash the general public.  If you want rings, buy what you want, not what people tell you to get.   
     My wife and I of 9 years don't have rings, we have eachother, not some traditional materiallistic item.
     Congratulations you to both. 

trent

Congrats guys I wish you the very best!!
There is absolutely no good excuse for what Im about to do !

Timegrommet

CONGRATS! you two.

One of the best ways to start your new marriage is without the pressures of debit. Buy what you can afford (cash) and upgrade later. It worked great for us. :)