Main Menu

Report: SSA at MotoGP-Laguna

Started by Justin, July 20, 2008, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

I'd say that it opens the door to not-so-safe passing and outright racing. I love Vale but this is not the first time sombody get mad at him. I saw a pass on turn 2 that definately was not kosher.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Adiggity

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on July 22, 2008, 11:37:17 AM
I'd say that it opens the door to not-so-safe passing and outright racing. I love Vale but this is not the first time sombody get mad at him. I saw a pass on turn 2 that definately was not kosher.
Really? I watched the race again last night to see if Casey had a right (imo) to be pissed and I really couldn't see anything that Rossi did that I haven't seen numerous times in racing. Not to mention the only one who almost crashed because of Rossi's passing attempts was himself. Stoner cracked under the pressure that Rossi was putting on him, which was Rossi's whole game plan. And it worked. Of course people are going to get mad and complain. When it's hard for people to beat you they get frustrated. I think a huge part of Rossi's success is his ability to get in the head of his opponents and Stoner is now in his sights. His riding ability isn't the only reason why the guy has 5 (soon to be 6) championships in the worlds premier class. And guess where he finished when he didn't win it.

BTW, it looked to me that Stoner was the one trying to rub elbows with Rossi between 5 and 6. Some of the best racing I've ever seen. Looking forward to the next round.

jlavallee

I have to agree with Andy on this one. I watched the race again and it was definately agressive but I saw nothing out of line. Yeah Vale got in too hot a couple of times espically at the screw when he went into the dirt but you're racing so there is going to be the occasional mess up. That is why I don't care to race, you sometimes have to go at it, I prefer a trackday where if someone does that I'll be right to be pissed. These guys are racing and I saw nothing that looked like anything more than him not being willing to give up without a fight. As Burgess said in an interview: "Casey wouldn't of liked the old Doohan, Rainey, Schwantz, Gardner & Lawson days"

I thought it was kick ass racing and reminded me of some of the old stuff. Especially when you throw in that Lorenzo highside. For a minute I thought I was watching the old 500's. Good stuff. ;D

n10sive

+1000 Andy! People keep saying that Stoner is going to get pay back. Bull. If he does he is going to crash. He couldn't take the pressure Rossi put on him and got frustrated and crashed. Stoner should continue to just ride his own race.

I also re-watched the race and saw NOTHING that Rossi did illegal. I saw Stoner lean on Rossi, I saw Stoner try and run wide and push Rossi off the track. Rossi merely blew a corner and popped back on the track in the cork screw and touched Stoner a little bit. But there was no case where Rossi reached out and intentionally did anything to Stoner in an illegal manner. He was just NAILS and didn't flinch under Stoner's attempts at intimidation. Rossi just ran a TOUGH, SMART TACTICAL race. It worked and he won.

Stoner will get on that Duc of his at the next long track and just run away from everyone. So why would he want to go out and play hardball with the Doctor? He'll loose and I'll put money on it :)
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Mike Cullen

I agree, Rossi was racin' ....Stoner got in hot bobbled then ran off and tipped over, what else can you say, other than they were both so freakin fast that Stoner picked up his bike and had time to spare......he still was second !

We had a great weekend, great turn four seats... fun ride up through the mountains north of Santa cruz on saturday, and we found an awesome camping spot. dinner on Friday was great (Thanks Jerome) and our usual Bubba Gumps gathering after the races. Great friends, great times.

allthough all the racing was good, i wish there had been more. The best race of the day i must say was the Rookies cup they were riding extremely fast and goin for it.

Highlite of the weekend...deciding not to wheelie through the tunnel....seeing cops with video cameras at the other end.... they were working the tunnel big time sunday night, can't say i blame em' some crazy $#!% goes on down there sometimes.

Now do we go to Indy or back to Monterey in Sept.?

[attachment deleted by admin]

dmh2000

Hey Jerome, were you wearing a blue shirt and brown ear protectors? if you were, I saw you on Speed at the end of the Supersport race. if you weren't, then your evil twin was there also.
dave

Justin

jerome isn't ignoring you. He has a computer monitor issue.

Justin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ0Xjn8TQwA

here is the drama between Stoner and Rossi.

I don't think Rossi was out of line.
(doesn't he look like he's always having fun out there)

n10sive

Quote from: Justino on July 23, 2008, 01:36:06 AM
jerome isn't ignoring you. He has a computer monitor issue.

psstt....Jerome....take the sunglasses off.  ;D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike