Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville 09/07/14 - 9:00 AM

Started by GreenMachine, September 03, 2014, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Hanging out in the back does have its privileges :)   Thanks for taking the pic Daniel
Live long and prosper \V/

nvgixxer

Whew......hot one today, especially in my garage where I labored for over an hour cleaning and waxing the Black Knight. He's all shiny and ready to go ASAP!!
I'll post up the few pics I took after a nice soothing shower. And yeah, that Corona I just chugged tastes like another one.
Good to see you on our ride Kevin and nice meeting you Mel. Thanks for keeping a sane pace and thus me from going airborne over one of the many cliff drop offs up there on Ebbetts!  ;D  
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Mel

Hey the site is back up! I wrote up a long story and went to post it and the site was down and I lost it all :'(! So, heck with the story and just want to say that I really had fun on the ride today with lots of different roads and different paces ;)! It was great to finally meet Tom, Kevin, and Jimbo...old guys rule 8)! It was also nice that we were all able to sit at the same table for lunch at the Lake Alpine resort. We have to get a few more rides in before the season is over!

Mel

nvgixxer

Pic time! Hey Rich, the one of you and Mrs. Sprint turned out really good, desktop quality. The caption goes like this: A couple that rides together, stays together"!
Alas, the one with the tongues hanging out was a reply directed to me when I asked if someone could loan me a few dollars for a burger! Not a very friendly group of people, for sure!  ;D

Mel

Thanks for the pics Jimbo! I know you took more than that ;)!

Mel

nvgixxer

Here are the rest...........

Mel

Cool, thanks Jimbo! The one with the tongues sticking out is hilarious, and I have to say, Laura you win the tongue shot :)!

Mel

PAPASMURF

sorry i lost you guys today. when you all took off, i stuck my key in and......... nothing!

some kind of electronic glitch according to the on-board. pi--ed me off.

i did not have a way to comm with anyone. had to have to bike picked-up.

geico was really cool. had someone there in 35 mins. glad you all had a good ride. really wanted to

go to alpine. what is REALLY REALLY weird is just a couple of wks ago i was reading mels diner about

THE GUT FEELING thing. i got it about wed, did not know what it was about but i just had a weird feeling

about  going out this wkend, and BINGO. sure glad it happened at maverick instead of at alpine. see you all again

sooner or later. first time in 72k miles that the bike left me stuck. just glad it was close to home.
S1000R
R1250RS

Laura600

I had a blast today... I had never been on Ebbetts pass before, it was beautiful scenery! From what I was able to see while trying to avoid the oncoming traffic and those damn trikes! And the company was awesome. Good people...make me feel very comfortable!

RichVee4

Couple more pics.  Cant beat a backdrop like that.     Jimbo, enjoyed the pics and always fun hanging out together.    And you right,  riding together can be good for a couple.   Plus I don't get in trouble if I'm out late on a ride :)
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Thanks rich for that pic of the bike, it looks good

GreenMachine

Quote from: PAPASMURF on September 07, 2014, 07:49:05 PM
sorry i lost you guys today. when you all took off, i stuck my key in and......... nothing!

some kind of electronic glitch according to the on-board. pi--ed me off.

i did not have a way to comm with anyone. had to have to bike picked-up.

geico was really cool. had someone there in 35 mins. glad you all had a good ride. really wanted to

go to alpine. what is REALLY REALLY weird is just a couple of wks ago i was reading mels diner about

THE GUT FEELING thing. i got it about wed, did not know what it was about but i just had a weird feeling

about  going out this wkend, and BINGO. sure glad it happened at maverick instead of at alpine. see you all again

sooner or later. first time in 72k miles that the bike left me stuck. just glad it was close to home.
I think you're right.  The bike was telling you that she was getting ready for a little R & R and she didn't want to make it too painful for you.

Today's ride would have been a good one to take in, even with a breakdown.  I could have sworn I heard you start up before I moved out.  Had it not been for the additional riders we had to meet up ahead, I would have come back for you.  Why don't you PM me your cellphone number and I'll send you mine.  That would have made it easy to determine what happened too.  I would have skipped some of the ride to get your bike delivered home for you.  With all the stops the group was making, I could have caught them by Lake Alpine.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

KKM

Nice ride everyone. Great group to ride with. Boy, the valley sure seamed hot for Sept. When the Aspens turn we should all go back to Ebbits just for the great pictures.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

nvgixxer

Quote from: KKM on September 08, 2014, 06:24:26 AM
Nice ride everyone. Great group to ride with. Boy, the valley sure seamed hot for Sept. When the Aspens turn we should all go back to Ebbits just for the great pictures.
Kevin
Hey Kevin,

If you think it was hot yesterday, get ready for next weekend's unbelievable for this time of year forecast! 91 Sat and Sunday in the Reno area! Gotta ride!!  :)

GreenMachine

It's a fact.  Between last year and this, I've been able to ride in Reno every month, even through the Winter. 

What's nice for our rides isn't the high temps, it's the lows.  Who wants to ride when the windchill is near freezing?  Not me!  It's a rarity anymore where our morning lows aren't exceeding historic averages by seven to fifteen degrees.   Have a look for yourself <here>.

We'll have lots of opportunity to enjoy this extended summer in the weeks ahead.  But it's true, our riding season is coming to a close.  Find opportunity and take it.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.