Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville 09/07/14 - 9:00 AM

Started by GreenMachine, September 03, 2014, 06:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

I hear you jimbo.  Kick off time will be missed.   All I can say is while we are tearing up the roads.  Let's go 9ers

Mel

Who's in for lunch at Lake Alpine Resort?

Mel

rg500nut

I will try to be there if I get my GSXR re-set from T-Hill.  Alpine sounds good.............
2 strokes always...............

288RR

Quote from: Mel on September 06, 2014, 10:45:12 AM

Mel

Mel are you going to ride smooth roads with us?   Are you feeling ok?

nvgixxer

Quote from: Mel on September 06, 2014, 10:45:12 AM

Mel
But, but Mel, if I recall, the parking lot is a dusty mess! Woe is me, the Black Knight would get filthy. Have you ever eaten at the outside restaurant just north of the Markleeville general store? Yummy, great sandwiches in half or full size variety.
Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Tahoebrian5

Well looks like I'm out. Had to return the jacket and reorder a different size. Damn, there goes another ride.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RichVee4

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on September 06, 2014, 04:29:43 PM
Well looks like I'm out. Had to return the jacket and reorder a different size. Damn, there goes another ride.

That's a bummer.  Was looking forward to seeing you again, its been awhile.  

Where's the other Reno Riders??  Monica and I got a nice little warm up ride on Buck lake Rd today  :)  :banana2 :egyptian   Beautiful outside, air is clear and cool!!!   Fall is definitely around the corner, long shadows and pine needles falling from the trees (some pine cones too)!!
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

I'm going, but I had a minor oversight this weekend on the bike maintenance.  I forgot to get the rear tire changed.  It'll be okay so long as I stay from the center to the right.  I'll have to go easy on the left though. 

See everyone in the morning.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Laura600

RichVee4

Quote from: Laura600 on September 06, 2014, 07:57:54 PM
Hi...I'll see ya'll Sunday morning!  :|)

That's Great.  Monica will be happy now.      :disco

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=3783.0
Live long and prosper \V/

Mel

Jimbo, not sure when you were there last at the Lake Alpine Resort, but no dusty parking lot that I saw. Markleeville is a little too soon to be thinking about eating ;)!

OK, where is everyone riding to from Markleeville? Who wants to go to Lake Alpine for lunch? The road is in beautiful condition and if you don't want to ride at spirited pace, the scenery is just spectacular for the sight seeing pace ;)!

Mel

nvgixxer

Quote from: Mel on September 06, 2014, 08:32:08 PM
Jimbo, not sure when you were there last at the Lake Alpine Resort, but no dusty parking lot that I saw. Markleeville is a little too soon to be thinking about eating ;)!

OK, where is everyone riding to from Markleeville? Who wants to go to Lake Alpine for lunch? The road is in beautiful condition and if you don't want to ride at spirited pace, the scenery is just spectacular for the sight seeing pace ;)!

Mel
I was thinking eating at Markleeville after turning around at either Alpine or Mosquito lake. But heck, we can all talk this out when we hit Markleeville for a quick break and photo shoot no biggie.

nvgixxer

Quote from: Laura600 on September 06, 2014, 07:57:54 PM
Hi...I'll see ya'll Sunday morning!  :|)
Well hi there Laura! Glad to see you're gonna join the party!  :)

PAPASMURF

sounds like a nice ride to alpine. have not been there in years. 830/900 at the bottom.
S1000R
R1250RS