Main Menu

Tank Bag, Tail Bag, or Backpack?

Started by Mel, August 17, 2014, 11:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NevadaWolf

Quote from: slmoto on August 29, 2014, 09:41:48 AM
Thanks, I was going to say I'd give it some thought but looks like Nevadawolf could use them, go for them Nevadawolf. The tailbag I have is not the best solution but it did get the job done and I don't have any other long trips planned so I can go with what I've got for now.

That's not what I said. I have saddlebags already and am only interested if you aren't.

This year may be out, but if you want them for any future vacations or trips, it's a screaming deal, go for it. Stuff them under the couch or something. :)

Sounds like there is interest, so nope my offer is out.

dub

Teri, next time you are headed to the Gville area shoot me a PM and you can come by and check them out.

Quote from: slmoto on August 29, 2014, 09:41:48 AMHere is pretty much the route  I took. https://goo.gl/maps/77K2C

Seems pretty good considering you had time constraints. McKenzie pass (hwy 242) is freakin' awesome, huh?

You should have taken a right on Breitenbush Road in Detroit and taken NF-46 all the way up to Estacada; awesome road.

Here was my route. These were just two days of a 7 day trip. NORTH, SOUTH
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Dub, we're going to have to nickname you zig-zag.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

NevadaWolf

Quote from: dub on August 29, 2014, 11:05:39 AM
Teri, next time you are headed to the Gville area shoot me a PM and you can come by and check them out.

Ok, will be a next week or so since this weekend is going to be exhausting. That'll give SL time to think more on it too.  :D

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 29, 2014, 11:24:50 AM
Dub, we're going to have to nickname you zig-zag.

But dub is already a nickname.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

+1 on the photo.   Makes me want to jump on the bike and head off on a road trip.   Glad you had a fun time!
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Seems pretty good considering you had time constraints. McKenzie pass (hwy 242) is freakin' awesome, huh?
Yeah, 242 was the highlight of the entire riding part of the trip by far. I left Bend at 6:30am so I pretty much had the entire thing to myself. I passed a handful of bicyclist, never had to pass a car even after a few stops to take pics, and only had about 2-3 cars pass me coming from the opposite direction.

You should have taken a right on Breitenbush Road in Detroit and taken NF-46 all the way up to Estacada; awesome road.
I wish I had known, I definitely would have. The damns the make Detroit Lake were cool because the other side they create big deep canyons but other than that 22 to Salem was BORING and a lot of cars.

Thanks for the pic comments GM and Rich. I think that one is that time of day in the afternoon that photographers really like. Just coincidence on my part, I just liked the formations in the background and it was a nice big easy gravel patch to stop at on an otherwise narrow no shoulder road.

Quote from: NevadaWolf on August 29, 2014, 12:39:08 PM

Ok, will be a next week or so since this weekend is going to be exhausting. That'll give SL time to think more on it too.  :D
Thanks Nevadawolf, I was thinking it over at work today but I think I'm good for now with what I have. I'm going to pass, it's all you.
I like to keep things to a minimum, no stuffing things under the couch for me. If I did I'd just find them in them a year later and end up selling them on craigslist when I go through my throwing everything out phase I have about once every year.

NevadaWolf

Thanks dub! Pleasure to meet ya and nice doing business with ya. :-)

dub

Sub-Sonic

So this is what all the recent discussion about tank bags (in other threads) may have been alluding to...?

A mid size one works ok for me, but I have very long arms and it won't get in the way.  I wouldn't want to use it for any kind of riding that would require my outside arm to be laying across the tank.  Since we ride fairly mellow on this street, this won't be necessary.

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: dub on October 14, 2014, 12:20:48 PM
Read the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y89zMaAsli0

TANK BAGS KILL!
extra magnets on the bottom will keep it from moving about....

dub

Quote from: Sub-Sonic on October 14, 2014, 02:57:14 PM
So this is what all the recent discussion about tank bags (in other threads) may have been alluding to...?

Yes, GM said tank bags are unsafe in this thread and Mel has been giving him a hard time over it ever since.

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on October 14, 2014, 07:44:29 PM
Quote from: Sub-Sonic on October 14, 2014, 02:57:14 PM

Yes, GM said [he can't use] tank bags [because they] are unsafe [to him] in this thread and Mel has been giving him a hard time over it ever since.
Fixed.  ;)