Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville and Monitor Pass - SUNDAY 7/13/14

Started by nvgixxer, July 09, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BC-2

Quote from: Richman on July 15, 2014, 07:04:16 AM
Great video Dave.  Also watched one of your track videos, dam that bike is fast!!!  Nice riding and looks like a lot of fun. 

Yeah, it's WAY too much bike for me.  I had a ZX-6 (which I loved) but when my friend offered to build me a real race bike, I couldn't refuse.  It burns tires fast and has to use race gas but what the hell, you only live once.  Wish I could have kept the ZX-6.... but no regrets!

BC-2

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 15, 2014, 09:10:09 AM
Quote from: nvgixxer on July 15, 2014, 05:43:11 AM
... I'd love to see a video of you and GM going at it someday with front and rear mounted GoPros on. Now that would be real entertainment!  :)...
I'll dispel any thoughts of my 'going at it' with another rider.  I discourage that type of behavior on the street.  If you want to see what it looks like for me to ride with a superior rider, like Mel or BC-2, it looks a lot like what you're seeing with the disappearing NVgixxer.   My fun level ends when we start riding fast.  But I know what you meant Jimbo.  ;)

By the looks of it, even with BC-2's inexperience on Monitor, he's riding much faster than I or TB5 have.  And yes, I watched some of his Fontana videos last night.  Very impressive stuff.   :o  The boy knows how to ride fast and safe.  He almost makes it look easy, which is the hard part.

I couldn't agree more that there's a time an a place for fast and aggressive riding and the street is not one of them.  Certainty not racing other rider on the street either and I know Jim didn't mean it that way.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a spirited pace from time to time but I'm content to ride with my wife at the back of the group and help her develop as a confident and capable rider.

nvgixxer

Yes guys, I should clarify what my intent was. I was thinking of the two of you "going at it" someday at the Reno / Fernley raceway. My bad!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Mel

OK you hooligans, no misbehaving on the newbie ride...save that for the track :)!!

Mel

288RR

flamecrow

A little late editing my video but here it is. It's about 11 minutes too long but it gives you a glimpse of how much of a newbie I am :)

Enjoy!

ps - wow Dave's fontana videos were super awesome!

nvgixxer

Quote from: flamecrow on July 16, 2014, 01:09:52 AM
A little late editing my video but here it is. It's about 11 minutes too long but it gives you a glimpse of how much of a newbie I am :)

Enjoy!

ps - wow Dave's fontana videos were super awesome!
You did a professional job there Tim! GoPro 3 Black or Silver? Good idea mounting it to the chin of the helmet rather than on top, I haven't seen that before. AWESOME!
I'm looking forward to riding with you again. You did well up there on Monitor Pass!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

BC-2

That's a great video Tim!  Really liked the editing and music selection.  BTW, you did great on the ride.  If you hadn't said you were a new rider, I wouldn't have known.