Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville and Monitor Pass - SUNDAY 7/13/14

Started by nvgixxer, July 09, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Flamecrow.  Looking forward to meeting you.  This is a great ride to get a feel for the group, not to long and good road with light traffic. (unless we come back via Tahoe) I have always felt very comfortable riding with this group, spirited but not unsafe. As mentioned, ride the pace you are comfortable with.   Bummer about the ticket, 10 over is a little unfair.  You'll have to follow one of us with a radar detector :)

BC, did you mention you wife is riding?  wondering since my wife rides and was thinking about coming, but if another gal goes she would be more inclined to join us.

Going to get HOT in the afternoon so would like to get back to Reno area by 1-2 to avoid the +100.  If time permits I am game to watch Moto GP race.
Live long and prosper \V/

BC-2

Quote from: Richman on July 12, 2014, 08:21:49 AM
Flamecrow.  Looking forward to meeting you.  This is a great ride to get a feel for the group, not to long and good road with light traffic. (unless we come back via Tahoe) I have always felt very comfortable riding with this group, spirited but not unsafe. As mentioned, ride the pace you are comfortable with.   Bummer about the ticket, 10 over is a little unfair.  You'll have to follow one of us with a radar detector :)

BC, did you mention you wife is riding?  wondering since my wife rides and was thinking about coming, but if another gal goes she would be more inclined to join us.

Going to get HOT in the afternoon so would like to get back to Reno area by 1-2 to avoid the +100.  If time permits I am game to watch Moto GP race.

Yes, my wife will be riding and she would love it if your wife joined us!

RichVee4

BC - sounds good, my wife is in.

I'll take them on a real ride, to Silver Springs and back. The object of that trek will be to see how many Jack rabbits we can run over and tumbleweeds we can dodge

Just read that, LOL

jimbo, looks like we will be invading the starbucks in the morning.  What route are you planning?
Live long and prosper \V/

BC-2

Richman - Sounds great, look forward to meeting you and your wife tomorrow!

288RR

New rear tire is on.  I'm ready to go.  See you all in the morning

BC-2

Quote from: 288cbr on July 12, 2014, 12:25:23 PM
New rear tire is on.  I'm ready to go.  See you all in the morning

Nice!  See you tomorrow!

So a friend of mine who I don't think is on this forum is joining us too so I think that makes at least 10 riders for tomorrow!

288RR

GotCbr

Thinking about it very seriously . Will post up
One way or another tonight !

BC-2

Quote from: GotCbr on July 12, 2014, 03:44:59 PM

Join us!  You'll be #11!!!

288RR

Don't think just do!  It will be a good time

BC-2

Quote from: BC-2 on July 12, 2014, 03:49:10 PM

Join us!  You'll be #11!!!

Apparently, I can't count.  You'd be #10 if you joined us.  All the more reason....even numbers  ;D

GreenMachine

u guys are going to love torrow's ride and U'll be making Jimbo's day in the process.

Someone take at least one group picture.

And have a gr8 ride.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

GM-  I'm sure there will be lots of pics,  to bad you can't make it.    Have a good time at the races.

nvgixxer

Quote from: Richman on July 12, 2014, 08:52:05 AM
BC - sounds good, my wife is in.

I'll take them on a real ride, to Silver Springs and back. The object of that trek will be to see how many Jack rabbits we can run over and tumbleweeds we can dodge

Just read that, LOL

jimbo, looks like we will be invading the starbucks in the morning.  What route are you planning?
Open for suggestions Rich; how about Jacks Valley and Foothill Roads that take you through Genoa. Then jump hwy 88 at the end of Foothill to do Diamond Valley and on into Markleeville for a break and photo shoot. Then up and over Monitor and back..........then, lunch or......whatever.
FYI guys and gals, there will more than likely still be a Death Ride water station tent or two along the Monitor route, so be advised of slow moving trucks that will be breaking those stations down and loading them up. There might still be some water cups thrown all over the place as well, but their crews are usually pretty fast and efficient at policing up the areas involved.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

nvgixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 12, 2014, 05:45:27 PM
u guys are going to love torrow's ride and U'll be making Jimbo's day in the process.

Someone take at least one group picture.

And have a gr8 ride.
Hope you're enjoying yourself down there GM! I can't believe what I started here. I posted up for this ride thinking maybe 3 or 4 riders but wow, biggest potential turnout that I have seen in years! If this keeps up we'll be as large as most small groups of Harley rides! ;D   
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)