Main Menu

Roll Call - Markleeville and Monitor Pass - SUNDAY 7/13/14

Started by nvgixxer, July 09, 2014, 11:03:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvgixxer

Yes, I'm well aware that Monitor and Ebbetts Passes will be closed to motorized traffic on Saturday for the Death Ride, but they're scheduled to reopen same day at 3:00PM.
This ride is for Sunday. Anyway, three of us Carsonites are going for sure and we'd like to openly invite anyone else to join us. It's going to be another hot one Sunday, so we're looking for an early start. Meeting place is the north Starbucks on main street, just to the south of McDonalds at the corner of Main and College Park Way. I'll be there at 7:30 or before and we would like to depart no later than 8:15ish.
C'mon peeps, join the fun. Lunch and chit-chat in Markleeville.

Jimbo  
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

BC-2

Can't wait!  I'm bringing my camera this time so I can show off the awesome scenery around here to friends and family back in SoCal!

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Quote from: BC-2 on July 09, 2014, 01:37:10 PM
Can't wait!  I'm bringing my camera this time so I can show off the awesome scenery around here to friends and family back in SoCal!
Jimbo, please do the honors of the SSA motto.  The first rule of SSA is that we don't boast about our roads.  The second second rule of SSA is that we don't boast about our roads.  And the third rule of SSA is....   :D

Keep our roads pristine and deserted.  When it doubt, say something along the lines of, that other road elsewhere is so much better than anything we have here.  It's a not really a lie.  I don't think so anyway.

For instance, my favorite road is Mulholland Drive in the San Gabriel mountains.  That road is the best!!!  :angel  See how easy that is?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

BC-2

Quote from: GreenMachine on July 09, 2014, 01:52:55 PM
Jimbo, please do the honors of the SSA motto.  The first rule of SSA is that we don't boast about our roads.  The second second rule of SSA is that we don't boast about our roads.  And the third rule of SSA is....   :D

Keep our roads pristine and deserted.  When it doubt, say something along the lines of, that other road elsewhere is so much better than anything we have here.  It's a not really a lie.  I don't think so anyway.

For instance, my favorite road is Mulholland Drive in the San Gabriel mountains.  That road is the best!!!  :angel  See how easy that is?

Too late.......... I've already been telling everyone.  Soon it will be like riding in LA around here.  ;D

nvgixxer

Yes GM, you're absolutely right. Monitor Pass sucks, big time. I'll take them on a real ride, to Silver Springs and back. The object of that trek will be to see how many Jack rabbits we can run over and tumbleweeds we can dodge!  ;D

Bigcat

Quote from: BC-2 on July 09, 2014, 02:08:14 PM

Keep our roads pristine and deserted.  When it doubt, say something along the lines of, that other road elsewhere is so much better than anything we have here.  It's a not really a lie.  I don't think so anyway.  Haha, the more the merrier as long as they're on two wheels..

Too late.......... I've already been telling everyone.  Soon it will be like riding in LA around here.  ;D

Toml

I'm up for it even though it's not such a great ride.  See you at Starbucks.

BC-2

Quote from: Toml on July 09, 2014, 05:19:21 PM

I'm up for it even though it's not such a great ride.  See you at Starbucks.

Look forward to riding with you again Tom!

288RR

RichVee4

I am game for an early ride Sunday.  Therapy for not going to WSBK this weekend.  Will plan to be there by 8.   Anyone in Reno area want to meet and ride down to Carson?
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Quote from: Richman on July 09, 2014, 08:09:21 PM
I am game for an early ride Sunday.  Therapy for not going to WSBK this weekend.  Will plan to be there by 8.   Anyone in Reno area want to meet and ride down to Carson?
Well as I posted up, I think I'm going to get the new rear on tomorrow so I should be good to go for the ride Sunday

nvgixxer

nvgixxer

Quote from: Richman on July 09, 2014, 08:09:21 PM
Hey Rich, long time no see! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Jimbo

BC-2

Very nice group shaping up!  I just finished setting up a TV at my shop.  Just in time for the MotoGP race Sunday so if you guys can come over to watch the Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland after the ride.  My fridge is stocked with a bunch of drinks too.  ;D