Main Menu

WSBK and Ducati

Started by Team Gorgonzola, August 31, 2010, 01:05:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team Gorgonzola

Ducati announced they are retiring from WSBK starting from 2011. Gabriele Del Torchio, Ducati CEO, on an Italian site:"All the efforts will be directed in developing a new generation of race and street bikes". Ducati will continue to support satellite teams in WSBK. :'(
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Adiggity

Wow. That is crazy. Seems a little weird to me that they would quit the series. There must be more to the story. I wonder if it has anything to do with their struggles in competing at the top this year.

mase

I wonder if it's because they had to pay so much for Rossi.  They couldn't afford both?
Sean Mason

jlavallee

Apparently Marlboro essentially wrote a blank check for Rossi and Fiat is coming with him too so it didn't cost Ducati anything. If anything, from an accounting point of view I bet they're in the black big time over Stoner. Bring on the 1000's and hopefully no traction control.

I've been expecting this for a while. How long can you have two different bikes competing in one series. Ducati was going to hit the wall with rule graces at some point.

cobra23

Ahhsta too- ah Bahdda....

How is my Itallian sound.... Alberto?

Team Gorgonzola

Hmmm, you need a trip to the Ducati factory in Bologna  ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

Ahhh yessah  My neice has abeendere.....I ama soooo jealous!! :o