Main Menu

Swim Ride a s per 2010 Schedule?

Started by speed kitty, August 11, 2010, 09:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Twenty-one riders showed up to ride today.  What a turnout!!  We were able to explain to everyone what to expect as far as the different routes and swim options in Sierraville, if they chose.  And we were off.  One of the riders immediately took a little dirt excursion, but nothing hurt or broken.  When we made Downieville  the group had broken up a little due to the abrupt stoppage for some of the pack and me going to check on the happenings.

The lead group which I was apart of took the long road from there, Oroville, Quincy, La Port, Downieville, Chilcoot, Reno.  ~420 miles.  What troopers.  We enjoyed Pizza in Quincy, but they wouldn't give us the High School discount without a student body card.  >:(  I only saw one LEO out today, but not while riding.  The roads were open, the air was clean and temperatures were ideal.  No wonder so many came out to play.

I hope Speed Kitty and company enjoyed the swim portion of the ride.

Back safe and sound.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Not many, but I still have to compile the video from today.  Even with this many riders, I don't think I have a lot of footage of others.  :-\

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

wills

Don't forget our introduction to the new Sheriff in Downeyville, "no sir we don't ride that fast". :D
I killed allot of bugs!
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

GreenMachine

I missed out on that fortunately, I was playing group shepherd.  Now I wished I would have designated a sweeper and just became a sweeper myself.   Glad I'm one of the slower ones, I don't even like a scolding from LEOs.

BTW, how fast was I going on Oregon Hill rd, like 20 MPH!  That's fast enough, don't you think?  Man I hate that F-ing road.  >:(

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 15, 2010, 07:21:47 AMWe enjoyed Pizza in Quincy, but they wouldn't give us the High School discount without a student body card.  >:(  

Gosh it must have been because of those who were with you because those boyish good looks you definitely would have passed as a teenager.  <can't stop laughing, actually think I peed pants too!>

sparkygixxer

A DRAGON

Sorry crew. I let you down.  I just wasn't up to it. Regina was feeling pretty bad and would have had to deal with little "Gator" and the 9 year old all day by her self.  I had to let this ride go. Again I'm sorry for not making it. I really like making our Sunday morning rides.  Their the best.  :-\  

Speed Kitty. I was hoping to see you on the ride to watch you handle the sweet 750.

Street Kings. Thanks for coming out.  Carlos. Excellent job on taking the time to communicate with me at home when everyone got split up. If I'm not on the ride you can always reach me on the phone.  Heaven forbid if we need it I can always bring my truck to bring someone home to avoid a tow bill.   :-*

See everyone on Tuesday at La Vecchia.... ;)
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

if it wasn't for the kickstands I would have thought the buses were about to pass you guys.  Must be that Oregon Hill Rd ;)

speed kitty

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 15, 2010, 07:21:47 AM

I hope Speed Kitty and company enjoyed the swim portion of the ride.

We had a great time!! After we split from the group, the stress went away and the three of us were able to enjoy the day. The ride into Nevada City was beautiful. :)

I was very surprised at how we all were sardines at the start there. I think I'm the only one who learned to ride in a staggered formation when in a group, not to exceed the speed limit (thus avoiding tickets and losing my license), not to cross double solid yellow lines in blind corners, etc, etc, etc.... ok gonna stop there.

Anyway, the riders were all very nice and It was great to meet everyone. Sorry about the run in with the Sheriff (see comment above) and the dirt slide (again,see comment above) ...Glad everyone made it back  :)

GreenMachine

Quote from: speed kitty on August 16, 2010, 10:29:45 AM
We had a great time!! After we split from the group, the stress went away and the three of us were able to enjoy the day. The ride into Nevada City was beautiful. :)

I was very surprised at how we all were sardines at the start there. I think I'm the only one who learned to ride in a staggered formation when in a group, not to exceed the speed limit (thus avoiding tickets and losing my license), not to cross double solid yellow lines in blind corners, etc, etc, etc.... ok gonna stop there.
I kinda figured that was why you guys split.  I'm not offended and would actually like it if you PM'ed me your feedback or concerns.  It can only make me/others better ride leaders. 

I congratulate you on making a smart decision and looking out for yourself. 

That was my first ride leading a group larger than about 6.  And usually then too, all the riders were experienced and already comfortable with one another...hand signals, safe riding distances, pace, etc.  Trying to lead 21 riders made it difficult to keep the group together and safe, so compromises were made.  Sorry you felt like a sardine.  I know now to be more A Dragon like and make a speech at the beginning explaining more. (Oh brother, can I do that and be brief???  )

Thanks for your feedback.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 16, 2010, 07:04:25 PMI know now to be more A Dragon like and make a speech at the beginning explaining more. (Oh brother, can I do that and be brief???  )
hahaha, then you wouldn't be A Dragonlike :o

A DRAGON

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

sparkygixxer

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 17, 2010, 02:20:36 PM
Am I that long winded???????? ;)
I wouldn't say long winded, just that... have you noticed that since you cover everything that there are never any questions.  hahaha ;) ;D ;)

A DRAGON

Sparky your so nice ;D ;D   You should come with a couch :D :D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Isn't TMI Trinie wonderful!?  I thought I knew everything there was to know about her, but she proved me wrong last night.