Main Menu

Swim Ride a s per 2010 Schedule?

Started by speed kitty, August 11, 2010, 09:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speed kitty

Hey guys, are we doing a swim ride as listed on the schedule this Sunday? It's going to be the perfect weather for it and our Fed-Ex guy wants to ride too. Looks like an early meet time at Starbucks near I-Hop/80/McCarran right?  :-\

GreenMachine

Right on all accounts.  Jerome will be leading this ride.  I'm still bruised from going over the falls last time, so myself and several other riders will be attending just the ride portion and heading back to the high country afterwards.  Good going on the recruiting, BTW!

Here is the >>> swim ride route map <<< for Sunday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the ride only riders, meaning we ARE NOT swimming, here are some alternate routes. I'm not posting their Google Map links to keep from confusing others reading this thread.  We will accompany the swim group to at least Downieville:
1) miles 426 >>> Reno, 49, Downieville, La Porte Rd, Quincy, to Oroville via 162, hwy 70 to Quincy, Chilcoot, Reno
2) miles 403 >>> Reno, 49, Downieville, Oro-Quincy hwy, Quincy, La Porte, Brownsville, Downieville, Sierraville or Chilcoot, Reno
3) miles 292 >>> Reno, 49, Downieville, Oro-Quincy hwy,  Chilcoot, Reno
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

speed kitty

Awesome!! I am looking forward to it as I didn't get to ride with you guys last time.

Nate is our Fed-ex guy and is super nice. He rides a GSX-R 750 and doesn't really know the groups here so I was telling him about bike night at boulevard pizza and SSA & SBK.

Trinnie, he is pretty cute too so put on some lipstick GF  :D

Jp_Rio

Quote from: speed kitty on August 11, 2010, 10:00:55 AM
Awesome!! I am looking forward to it as I didn't get to ride with you guys last time.

Nate is our Fed-ex guy and is super nice. He rides a GSX-R 750 and doesn't really know the groups here so I was telling him about bike night at boulevard pizza and SSA & SBK.

LOL
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Jp_Rio

So GreenMachine, Could you put either maps here on this thread. The one that Jerome is leading and the one that "yourself and several other riders" will be doing (I got that you guys are going to a certain part together and then coming back). I am thinking about going but didnt wanna go all the way (cause of my knee). So maybe that is an opportunity to go for a shorter ride!  ;D

I'll keep my eye on this thread!

Thanks!

A DRAGON

Speed kitty. Are you going to make our 8 am start.  If gives us more time in the water.  Were just leaving at 8 during the months of July and August. Trying to beat the heat.

If you are coming later We'll be going via Hwy 49 out of Sierraville. I personally might just be in my Truck. Have to bring the wife and kids to the swim ride. Or my truck will be following.   Either way I'm in. 

Don't forget your water shoes and and goggles. You have to see under water you know. ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Beating the heat, odd forecast.  Reno is forecast as 97* on Sunday, while hotbox Nevada City is forecast for 90*.  Strange.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

speed kitty

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 11, 2010, 10:34:50 PM
Speed kitty. Are you going to make our 8 am start.  If gives us more time in the water.  Were just leaving at 8 during the months of July and August. Trying to beat the heat.

If you are coming later We'll be going via Hwy 49 out of Sierraville. I personally might just be in my Truck. Have to bring the wife and kids to the swim ride. Or my truck will be following.   Either way I'm in. 

Don't forget your water shoes and and goggles. You have to see under water you know. ;D ;D

Hey Dragon, Yep my friend Nate (fed-ex guy) and I will be there a little before 8am to get coffee. I am planning to bring a towel too..Neither of us know our way around the maps you guys are taking so we will be following the leader and from my understanding it's supposed to be pretty hot this weekend so I think it will be great, I am really looking forward to it...it will be a nice break from school, work, life etc  :)

sparkygixxer

Quote from: speed kitty on August 11, 2010, 10:00:55 AM

;D good looking out speed kitty, hahaha but I'm not gonna be able to make the ride.  Besides, I'm so getto that all I have is chapstick  :D :D

Have fun!  I wore my leathers last time and had a hell of a time hiking in and out, besides trying to get the suit on while still wet.  The boyz will probably be more than happy to fill you in if you ask. (so don't ask)  LOL

GreenMachine

A DRAGON

Kitty If you just wait about 5 minutes when you get out of the water you'll be dry. I never bring a towel. It's to hot. Save your space.  Water shoes are a must. Goggles are good to have but not necessary.  Looking forward to seeing you and that 750 on a ride.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Jp_Rio

Sweet then. I promise to make up to Downieville or whatever is called, depending on how i feel, I might go all the way but very unlikely. I was waiting for an opportunity to go for that ride and here it is. Plus my leathers will be ready by saturday. I meet you all at the Starbucks at 8 am then.

Will be a fun time!

Jp_Rio

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 11, 2010, 10:34:50 PM
I personally might just be in my Truck. Have to bring the wife and kids to the swim ride. Or my truck will be following.

Just tow your truck with you kawi... pretty sure it would work!  ;D ;D Would be a good advertisement!

dub

I'm probably in for the non-swim ride ride.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Oh yeah!  We'll have the camera rolling on this one too.  You can ride with us anytime Wiles.