Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

Volcano

Started by MnMTriumph, May 31, 2008, 07:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MnMTriumph

Sundays ride anyone going and where does it start from dont know where it is and would like to tag along.

MotoPutz

I know several people are out of town, and I can only ride in the morning till like 1:30 but I wanna ride, if the Volcano thing isn't happening maybe we can just meet up and go for a shorter ride...

nvgixxer

I don't mean to interfere with ride plans of the best sportsbike riding group in the area (SSA), but it seems that there is little interest in a group ride today....................soooo, I thought I'd just throw this out here, since it's an annual event and should draw 40 plus riders:
If anyone wants to attend a large sportsbike group event, don't forget the NSC John Petty Memorial doing the Downieville loop today, Sunday. Turn key at 9AM, Starbucks at intersection of McCarran and Lake Pyramid.  :)
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

MnMTriumph

Quote from: Putz on May 31, 2008, 11:04:19 PM
I know several people are out of town, and I can only ride in the morning till like 1:30 but I wanna ride, if the Volcano thing isn't happening maybe we can just meet up and go for a shorter ride...

I was going to go to the southern meeting spot and hope that someone showed.(and pray that volcano is a southern ride
;D ;D)

n10sive

Quote from: nvgixxer on June 01, 2008, 05:57:42 AM
I don't mean to interfere with ride plans of the best sportsbike riding group in the area (SSA), but it seems that there is little interest in a group ride today....................soooo, I thought I'd just throw this out here, since it's an annual event and should draw 40 plus riders:
If anyone wants to attend a large sportsbike group event, don't forget the NSC John Petty Memorial doing the Downieville loop today, Sunday. Turn key at 9AM, Starbucks at intersection of McCarran and Lake Pyramid.  :)

Some of the more active members of the SSA have been at the AMA races at Infineon, and now Millers. Next weekend will be the SSA trackday. It's also 'vacation' time for a lot of people. So yeah..I can see how it is tough to get a group together. I put in 300 miles yesterday. Went with the VFR group with ScotInExcile. NICE bunch of guys. We did Monitor, up over Luther Pass, Spooner, Truck route Geiger followed by a BBQ at ScotInExciles place. Was a nice day and the weather was PERFECT.

Personally, I ride on Saturdays (and some mid-week) and not on Sundays or I would be down for a ride today. Next Sunday I'll be doing the track. 

The Volcano ride is fun. Nice quiet roads in some very pretty county. Wish I could go!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike