Main Menu

Route Ideas?

Started by dtatum6, May 30, 2008, 07:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtatum6

Ok so in a couple of weeks i am driving from Carson City to Monterey on the bike.  Its like a 5 1/2 according to mapquest (I am sure it wont take me that long.  Anyway i was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for routes.  The ride from Carson city to Jackson on the 88 is pretty fun and twistie but i am trying to figure out what to do from there.  Any suggestions on a route from Jackson to Monterey?

Here is the generic route mapquest gave me:

http://maps.google.com/mapsclient=safari&rls=en&q=carson%20city%20nevada%20to%20monterey&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

repsol71

Take hwy 49 South into Sonora, short detour 120 back to 49 and then through Coulterville into Mariposa, keep heading South to Oakhurst, make a right at Hwy 41 and head into Fresno, that is it. :P
I am always ready to rip!!!

repsol71

If time permits, take a detour to Groveland and hit Priest Grade, that road is awesome. If someone is going with you, I would recommend Sonora Pass, but only if someone is going with you, some of those corners can really creap up on you, decreasing radius like you can't believe.
I am always ready to rip!!!