Main Menu

World Cup Thread [2] **SPOILERS***

Started by Jp_Rio, June 23, 2010, 09:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

That's only because you can't play either one.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rick Bay (BRA)

A DRAGON

I hate to watch other people play while waiting for my turn to do one of several prearranged 'plays'
There is so little creativity, or thought in the other games.

How do you prearrange a Home Run? How do you prearrange a diving catch? I like the thought process going in to Football and Basketball. The set play is cool. They have you figured out. I do that in Racquetball. Motorcycles you set the man up to pass. Soccer you have prearranged plays on a side kick. Or on  a Free Kick. The whole games isn't chaos? They do it as much as they can. That's why the players stay home and don't follow the ball. I'm not a soccer player but I can see that.

I also notice Soccer has players on the bench. Are they not watching waiting for their turn. Ooh I think you can only make 3 substitutions a game I think. So If that's the case The chance of everyone playing really isn't going to happen. In all sports like Baseball, Basketball, Football and Hockey anyone can come in at any time. Their are no limits to your substitutions. Everyone that suits up can come in whenever they feel they need you.
All these sports have instant replay (except baseball) Soccer still doesn't.  Soccer the referee can add time to a game if he feels like it. No other sport I know of does that. When time is up. The game is over.

That acting to get a call is so pitaful. It's so lame. Play the game not the referee. Win Because your the best team. Not the best actors.

Ghana was a good team. Uruguay win because they got lucky an maintained their focus. It was Ghana's game to lose. instead they lost their focus. Their is a big difference in playing to win and playing not to lose.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Jp_Rio

ALEMANHA!! ALEMANHA!! ALEMANHA!!

(Justin style) BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Wooooooooooooow.. nothing better to get your energies (or should I say ours - the brazilians) back up than waking up, after seeing Brazil being eliminated by 2 x 1, and watch argentina being Smashed by Germany by 4 x 0. Niiice! uahuahuah Adiooooooooooooooos Hermanos... See ya in my home country four years from now! Now anyone can win... I'm cool with any result!  :D

The only thing that still bothers me is that Klose (Germany striker) has 14 goals right now, one behind from being the greatest scorer of all times, tied with Ronaldo from Brazil (15). The way Germany is playing, looks like he will pass him and take the title away... bummer, cause no way Ronaldo can play another cup, maybe master's one!  ;D ;D

Anyway...Thanks Germany!!!!  ;D ;D
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

n10sive

Americans haven't adopted Soccer because there are no commercial breaks. Yeah..you heard me right :)

TV doesn't like broadcasting games because they haven't figured out a way to get commercial breaks, seventh inning stretches and other stoppages in there so they can sell commercials. So they don't broadcast enough games for us Americans to get interested in it IMO.

I never would have become interested in the game if my kids didn't play it. Then I wound up coaching a competitive team and learned to like it. However, AYSO is killing the sport in America. Too many rules that don't let the kids play it like the rest of the World does.
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: n10sive on July 03, 2010, 09:13:52 AM
Americans haven't adopted Soccer because there are no commercial breaks. Yeah..you heard me right :)

TV doesn't like broadcasting games because they haven't figured out a way to get commercial breaks, seventh inning stretches and other stoppages in there so they can sell commercials. So they don't broadcast enough games for us Americans to get interested in it IMO.

I never would have become interested in the game if my kids didn't play it. Then I wound up coaching a competitive team and learned to like it. However, AYSO is killing the sport in America. Too many rules that don't let the kids play it like the rest of the World does.

USA only wanna know about money. Money first. Money Money Money

At this point they just discovered the soccer is a good investment. Soccer can give millions of dollars for USA if USA understands soccer is the famous sport of the world ever.

The whole globe practices soccer. In fact the real name of the soccer is Football. Only in USA calls soccer.

As far as I know the US Football is played only here. No US Football World Cup even it is not included on Olympics Games.

But the way, in Brazil we never have commercials when you're watching MotoGP, Indy, Formula One or in the middle of Olympic Game long event. I go crazy when I'm watching these events here then they get interrupted by commercials. I pretty much sure nobody here likes that. Every time we miss the most important part of the race because the dam commercial doesn't let us.

Money, money, money....Jesus Christ...

n10sive

only in America did we invent "commercial timeouts" in our sports  :o ::) :-[ :-\
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: n10sive on July 03, 2010, 10:57:22 PM
only in America did we invent "commercial timeouts" in our sports  :o ::) :-[ :-\

I think their idea is not TV for the public watching. The focus is TV to make money on the commercials.

Its why there're hundreds of channels but it is difficult to find an interesting one.

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: Justino on July 04, 2010, 12:19:43 PM
For my Brazilians.

Maradona thought he was going to win THIS World Cup trophy
It's made out of 11kg of his favorite stuff!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/latin_america/10500390.stm

Alright Justino, that's what Maradona was looking for in this world cup.

Colombians are very creative....

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Justino on July 04, 2010, 12:19:43 PM
For my Brazilians.

Maradona thought he was going to win THIS World Cup trophy
It's made out of 11kg of his favorite stuff!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/latin_america/10500390.stm

Hahahaha... NOW I understand why he (Maradona) didn't seem upset AT ALL at the end of the game. He might've had read that news before then!!!  ;D ;D
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Rick Bay (BRA)

Bummer!!

No more South americans. Well, no americans at all.... No North, Central or South...