Main Menu

A Love-Hate Relationship

Started by yzinger, May 27, 2008, 12:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yzinger

So me and Mother Nature have this love-hate relationship going on; one of which I am sure a few of you share with me. I love the rain because things turn green (I'm from Cali) but I hate the rain because I can't (won't*) ride! I should stop my bitching though...at least I have ridden im the past. My roommate picked up an 08 gsxr 6 on saturday and has only been able to do short little trips to the mail box and back in between downpoors! okay I'm done venting...back to work.

Adiggity

Quote from: yzinger on May 27, 2008, 12:48:32 PM
  I love the rain because things turn green (I'm from Cali) but I hate the rain because I can't (won't*) ride! 
Well, now your in Nevada. You'll learn to just hate the rain really because in NV nothing turns green. It just gets muddy!!  :D :D

JENX!!!

I love it!!!!, as long as its warm rain.....riding in it is like getting shot with ALOT of BB's....FUN but it can hurt. ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

nvgixxer

Ain't no way this kid is gonna intentionally venture out in the rain! Been there, done that and it took me two full days afterwards of washing, waxing and detailing to get my baby back to showroom condition!
I think we're in for a little break in the clouds this weekend................a guy just might be able to slip in a ride or two between T-storms!!??     
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

NVKrawler

Quote from: Adiggity on May 27, 2008, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: yzinger on May 27, 2008, 12:48:32 PM
  I love the rain because things turn green (I'm from Cali) but I hate the rain because I can't (won't*) ride! 
Well, now your in Nevada. You'll learn to just hate the rain really because in NV nothing turns green. It just gets muddy!!  :D :D

we get green rolling hills for about 3 days until they turn in to matches.

n10sive

Quote from: Adiggity on May 27, 2008, 02:12:17 PM

If it doesn't turn into mud, it turns into something that makes you sneeze!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Resistor

Quote from: NVKrawler on May 27, 2008, 03:30:55 PM
we get green rolling hills for about 3 days until they turn in to matches.
Matches.  That was a good laugh, I'll need to remember that one.
2005 GSXR-600

Justin

one of the videos i just saw was a Lamborghini Gallardo racing a GiXR. It was neck and neck on a closed course (runway) until the Suzuki stood it up on one tire and just took off.  It wasn't until the bike was way in front that you can see the puddles underneath his tires.  Tell him I said "Ride it!"

nvgixxer

Quote from: Justino on May 27, 2008, 10:57:04 PM
one of the videos i just saw was a Lamborghini Gallardo racing a GiXR. It was neck and neck on a closed course (runway) until the Suzuki stood it up on one tire and just took off.  It wasn't until the bike was way in front that you can see the puddles underneath his tires.  Tell him I said "Ride it!"
Yes indeed, the mighty GIXXER 1000 rules!! Hehe! Last summer I had some gray haired old f**t (yikes - like me) pull up beside me on 395 in Washoe Valley in a shiny new lookin' black viper, Cali license. I looked over and saw him grab a gear or two and then nail it. I thought, you gotta be kiddin' me! Anyway, since he got the drop on me, I dropped her all the down into second at 70MPH and...........well.................as the 50MPH speed limit marker approached, he was but a mere speck in my rear view mirror! Ohhhhh so sweet it was!  ;)
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

yzinger

now do that in these T-storms and I will no longer bash on the gixxer ! :o

smoothduc

thought about that the other day too.. being german and having been riding in rain for the larger part of my "time on bikes". Thought that rain gives me time to do everything I usually dont have the dicipline for when the sun's out and I wanna ride. Dont love it, dont hate it, it just is. Statistics reliably say that there are way more sun than rain days here...allright then, s' got to stop then sometime soon.
Missing bike night sucked though...