Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

June 8th

Started by MnMTriumph, May 26, 2008, 06:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MnMTriumph

I dont know who to ask so ill ask all. Do you know if you have any room left in the C class for the 8th?

weavefish

sorry i dont have an exact answer for you but im sure there's room. hope to see you there! its gonna be a blast ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

Oneup

We still have room in all groups.  Just make sure you sign up by the first.  Hope to see you there! :)
02 KX250, 04 GSXR1000, 07 CBR600rr

Adiggity

Yep. There is room. Come on out!  :)

JENX!!!

come out to play!!!! but be prepared to be addicted!!!! ;D
Hi my name is jenx and im a track junky.....

A DRAGON

Who cares. Just keep your line and you can ride where ever there is room.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

dtatum6

Is there still room in C group?  Can i get a refund if things dont work out?  I ordered some leathers and they are supposed to be here by then but im affraid of paying for the day and ending up not having them by then.  Also is it still $125 for the day?

Adiggity

It's $125 until June 1. As far as I know there aren't any refunds, unless you cancel like 2 weeks in advance. I would talk to Jerome though and let him know your situation. Maybe he can work something out with you.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: dtatum6 on May 28, 2008, 12:30:29 PM
Is there still room in C group?  Can i get a refund if things dont work out?  I ordered some leathers and they are supposed to be here by then but im affraid of paying for the day and ending up not having them by then.  Also is it still $125 for the day?
There may be leather suit you can borrow. Post a note on that with size etc. Usually the rules are: if you crash in borrowed leathers you buy it at a price previously agreed upon by the borrower and the lender.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

Yeah...and make sure you get a good discount if there are skid marks IN them already!  :D
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dtatum6

I am going to check on my order to see when they are expected.  What is Jeromes screen name so i can PM him and ask, is it Dragon?

Also i have another question.  This will be my first track day and i am wondering what group i should be in.  Should i just start in C and see how it goes from there?

Adiggity

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=14

Yeah, I would start in C and go from there.

MnMTriumph

I was reading somewhere on the site can u wear nylon at race day i have a frank thomas nylon jacket and a pair of first gear nylon riding pants that dont zip together. Will this work or do i need to purchase new gear to ride track days. I can prob. make the 2 zip together.  Thanks.

n10sive

Quote from: MnMTriumph on May 29, 2008, 06:03:46 AM
I was reading somewhere on the site can u wear nylon at race day i have a frank thomas nylon jacket and a pair of first gear nylon riding pants that dont zip together. Will this work or do i need to purchase new gear to ride track days. I can prob. make the 2 zip together.  Thanks.

Dandelion had the same problem and took it to a seemstress and had her sew a matching zipper on the pant that matched the jacket. Was pretty easy and cheap. She had hers done at Netty's in Gardnerville (she specializes in leather sewing too).
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity

Quote from: MnMTriumph on May 29, 2008, 06:03:46 AM
You really need to get them to zip together. We're not trying to be a pain in the ass, but if you were to go down you will want those sewn together. It's all about safety. Recommend leather, but nylon (Joe Rocket type) will work.

There is also a place in Reno next to Trader Joe's that will sew a zipper on there for you.
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&channel=s&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&dq=Trader+joe%27s+loc:+Reno,+NV&daddr=5035+S+Mccarran+Blvd,+Reno,+NV+89502&geocode=3948627162736748007,39.476932,-119.783664&ll=39.476932,-119.783664&iwstate1=dir:to&iwloc=A&f=d