Main Menu

Riding on the track has saved me on the street

Started by Justin, May 26, 2008, 12:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin

There have been three times (recently) where I directly attribute how well I handle something "funky" with what I have learned at the track.
I am just incredibly calm in the same situations that I would tense every muscle and clench my jaw.  I may not have crashed any of those times, but I would have embarrassed myself (at the least)  My brain has been trained to process things at a much higher rate when I am riding.  I know I am not immune to incidents/accidents, but i really feel like I am stacking the odds more and more in my favor.
Thanks Jerome, for showing me the light.
See everyone on June 8th.

Adiggity

Yeah, I definitely noticed a difference in my confidence in the bike, quick decision making and knowledge after riding on the track. As a matter of fact it helped me on the one ride I did last year with Jerome and the boys to the coast and back in a day. Not only that, the track is sooooo much fun!!  ;D

weavefish

Its good to hear!!! i cant wait for june 8th i have allot of things i want to work on ;D
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

A DRAGON

Justino. So cool you can see the difference. I wish more people would do the Track Days and realize what we already know. You hone your skills to a sharp point and riding on the street is much safer. Your reaction time is faster it seems and your not afraid to be on the brakes and turn your bike.

I always recall the time when I was checking my blind spot on the right turned back and the car was on their brakes as hard as they could be. I never panicked. I pulled the front brakes as hard as I could and turn my bike to the left. Pulled up along side their left rear wheel. I was so amazed I did that. If it wasn't for all those track days I'm sure I would have ran in to them.

The track just makes it so much easier to control my machine. I really like that.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justin

Quote from: A DRAGON on May 27, 2008, 12:11:07 AM
I always recall the time when I was checking my blind spot on the right turned back and the car was on their brakes as hard as they could be. I never panicked. I pulled the front brakes as hard as I could and turn my bike to the left. Pulled up along side their left rear wheel. I was so amazed I did that. If it wasn't for all those track days I'm sure I would have ran in to them.

The track just makes it so much easier to control my machine. I really like that.

THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPENED TO ME. . . I pulled up alongside their left rear wheel.  If we run RFR in reverse we'll be just as good going to the right, too :D