Main Menu

may 2nd ride ROLL CALL

Started by bkrblood, April 15, 2010, 06:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

If the weather permitting ... I should be able to go too.
But the way, May I meet you guys up here? What time you guys think will get at 89? 30 min maybe or less?  ::)

Bigcat

Rick, that sounds about right. Back in the day when our V.P used to actually RIDE with us ;D, he would meet us at the 89 split all the time.

Justin

I remember those days well.  I would sit in the shoulder of the off ramp.   At 1010ish a parade of sport bikes would exit.  I extinguished my cigarette (I have since quit smoking) donned my helmet and gloves, and I'd catch up to them within the first 1/4 mile.  The sweeper would wave me forward, as would several other newer riders until I was closer to the front.    Jerome always said 9:50-10  but was was never before 1010. 

I'd see if Jerome was going to be riding (or talking) and syncronize my clock from there.  hehehe.
Not to hard to get one of us to send you a text confirming our departure.

Bigcat

If you wanna come out, I might let you take the Bird. WOW did I just say that. :o

wills

If weather is good I will be there, need to break in some new tires, gonna try Pirrelli this time.
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East

Rick Bay (BRA)

Sounds very good to me guys.

So, please give a ring or text me when you guys are about to leave from Starbucks. My cell is (530) 448-3596

I'll be waiting at the corner of Fwy 80 and Hwy 89.

Thanks a lot. I'll see everybody there.
::) ::)

A DRAGON

Rick Please come in some or Full Leathers this time. Please.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Qwik

Im looking forward to my first SSA group ride. Where is the first fuel stop?  I have a short range bike 120-130 miles tops.
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

nvgixxer

Quote from: Qwik on April 27, 2010, 02:58:03 PM
Im looking forward to my first SSA group ride. Where is the first fuel stop?  I have a short range bike 120-130 miles tops.
Reno to Downieville is approx 90 miles. most riders gas up there.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

bkrblood

lookin foward to the first and my first group ride with ssa
John Bovet

Qwik

Quote from: nvgixxer on April 27, 2010, 03:47:11 PM
Quote from: Qwik on April 27, 2010, 02:58:03 PM
Reno to Downieville is approx 90 miles. most riders gas up there.

Thanks for some reason I thought it was further.
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

mase

if it's good weather then I'm in.  Comming from Nevadaa City so I'll meet ya'll in Truckee.
Sean Mason

Rick Bay (BRA)

Quote from: A DRAGON on April 26, 2010, 11:13:24 PM
Rick Please come in some or Full Leathers this time. Please.

Yes Sir. I will. Thanks for worried about my safety.  :)

GreenMachine

It'll be a stretch for me to make this first ride, but I'm hoping to be there too.  I have to be in Central Cali the day/night before.

I just reviewed the 2010 SSA ride schedule.  This is going to be an awesome season of riding!  I like full day rides and some of the adventurous ones planned may push my endurance limits.  Can't wait!

For those with questions about gas stops, use Google Maps.  First plug in your waypoints, LIKE HERE, then tell it to search for gas station.  You'll end up with your map route, distances, gas station locations, and you can drag the orange man icon onto your route for a 360-degree ground view of just about any road out there.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

zipbyu

A roll call for a sunday ride?  Spring weather dictates the turn out.  Good weather = good turn out. It is comming up....... 8)