Main Menu

Powder Coating

Started by dtatum6, May 22, 2008, 11:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtatum6

So i have been thinking about Powder Coating my rearsets, passenger pegs and brake/clutch levers black (and maybe rims).  Anyone done that before?  You know of a place in carson that can do it?  How much?

Adiggity

I have only done wheels. I had mine done in Sparks. Custom Powder Coating. I paid $70/wheel. They did a good job.But I think there is a place called Altizer in your area that does it....in Moundhouse I think??

Yard Sale

Had my wheels done last year by the same place as Adiggity.

Just had my shifter and brake pedal done by my boss and his toaster oven. Small parts you can DIY. You are only limited by the size of your oven.

NVKrawler

^ Doesnt that fu k with your oven?

I want to get my rearsets, if i dont buy new ones soon, and my kickstand done... Maybe we can get a group together to cut on cost?

dtatum6

I just talked to a guy here in carson that does it, said he could do my rearsets, passenger pegs and license holder for under $85.  I am going to do them black.  If anyone is interested in going in on it with me we might be able to add more and split the cost.

MotoPutz

I did my gas tank at the Powder Man, paid $25

yzinger

I want on in on that too. Let me know.

A DRAGON

Make sure you get the klear Koat when your done. It looks better. I done my Kawasaki wheels and wish I did the Klear Koat. Have to do the aprilia soon.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750