Main Menu

pull over's

Started by smoothduc, May 19, 2008, 01:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoothduc

does anyone know?
IF you get pulled over but end up ticketless, does that go on some record and let's say you've got like 3 of these incidences and the next time it happens the cop  looks at the ??record?? and say's that it's time now to pay up?
Or is it like the pullover never happen if there is no ticket?

n10sive

If you are issued an official 'warning' it goes on record...otherwise it is not on the record. Cops run plates and wants/warrants on cars all the time. Often times if they are clean and the infraction is minor then they don't even bother pulling you over. Depends on the cop, his mood, and what he is fishing for. Often times a traffic stop is just an excuse to check you out further if he has some other suspicions about you...or your a hawt woman on a hawt bike LOL

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

yzinger

There is a record of you being stopped. Always. If you get a citation or jsut a warning, PD knows about it next time they pull you over. They will never pull you over, say "bad kitty" and get back in the car and go. Dispatch will always know if it was a "cited" or "warning" traffic stop. But: for the purposes that you are probably wondering about, they average PD officer will not do the LONG process of actually researching your "warning." But remember that cops talk. if you got off on a warning, chances are he told his buddies he stopped a "sick bike and told him to chill." (unless you were on a kawi, then he probalbly felt sorry for you). sorry couldnt help it ;D which means that the next time you get pulled over they could remember you and not be so nice

bansheeseat$$

Also there's a "I'll give you a break"method..I got pulled over for speeding in my truck last summer and the cop tried to say I was not wearing my seatbelt and that I should put it on before I get stoped but I did have it on and my daughter said that I did too so the cop gave me a fix-it ticket for a broke windshield and said have a nice day.They are always fishing for whatever they can get ya with...
Mental note:Don't drag knees with jeans on!!!

MotoPutz

I just talked to my work mate who was a cop for 22 years (in Cali) and he said there is no written record or a "warning". If you get pulled over by the same cop you will have an issue. And yzinger is right that they will mark down that they looked up your plates and record but they dont' keep track that you were warned so that when you get pulled over again, it does not show up.

Of course this was in Cali but I doubt they do it here, cop are notoriously lazy...

Resistor

Quote from: Putz on May 19, 2008, 02:05:55 PM

Of course this was in Cali but I doubt they do it here, cop are notoriously lazy...
Now I see why you're always working so hard...picking up the slack   :D

2005 GSXR-600

yzinger

haha. "they" are lazy. God I hope no one reads this. I am sitting in RPD right now typing it hahaha.

n10sive

Quote from: yzinger on May 19, 2008, 01:44:35 PM
There is a record of you being stopped. Always.

The only thing EASILY looked up in a modern dispatch system is anything that was assigned a case number. Traffic wants/warrant checks and registration lookups are not 'tagged' with case numbers. The only thing there is is an audit trail buried deep in the database that a query was made, but not for why. It is not even accessible to a dispatcher in a manner that they could use during a traffic stop. The ONLY thing that is going to get you in trouble is a cops memory...so don't make yourself stand out in any fashion. Lots of Orwelians floating around these days ... sheesh LOL

MotoPutz

Quote from: yzinger on May 19, 2008, 03:18:02 PM
haha. "they" are lazy. God I hope no one reads this. I am sitting in RPD right now typing it hahaha.

You work for RPD or your just there right now for some reason?

Quote from: n10sive on May 19, 2008, 04:18:45 PM
Lots of Orwelians floating around these days ... sheesh LOL

Wow, that comment lost me...

n10sive

Quote from: Putz on May 19, 2008, 04:22:28 PM

Quote from: n10sive on May 19, 2008, 04:18:45 PM
Lots of Orwelians floating around these days ... sheesh LOL

Wow, that comment lost me...

LOL. I knew I was going to show my age on that one :) George Orwell wrote a book, "1984: about Big Brother. Orwellians are those that wear aluminum hats to keep the government from reading their thoughts ;)

weavefish

i do a bit of Law enfforcement myself and when we pull someone over and run there plates and license you only get prior tickets and registration info. so dont worry about warnings but dont be suprised if the same cop pulls you over and remembers... i can remeber warnings that i have given for a few months :o
It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. - Woody Allen

yzinger

Quote from: Putz on May 19, 2008, 04:22:28 PM

You work for RPD or your just there right now for some reason?

I work in the Fraud division of RPD.

yzinger

oh the example I have been trying to remember. a guy on a "certain colored bike" kept running from da 5-0 around UNR. he did this SEVERAL times. well, not only did he get himself in a lot of trouble because the cops remembered him, but he also go other people in more trouble that had the same "certain colored bike."

What did you do anyway to get warned?

smoothduc

This time... semi heavy traffic so I swerved in-n-out, not really bad just to leave those cars behind that cannot hold a straight line driving. You know, the one's that chat on phones and dont pay attention or coming in and out of their lane's for whatever reason, go on their brakes for no reason, fail to use blinkers... all those that can get you into trouble.
To him it's swerving, to me it's staying out of car's way.
Strangely though, that cop car was unmarked, just plain dark blue, an SUV type vehicle.
Last time it was knee dragging, being too fast. The time before that, absolutely no reason at all, had to show the papers,was told to take care and take it easy on the fun part. I really wanted to get away so I did'nt ask why he had stopped me.

yzinger

nice. well it sounds like you have got lucky tho. My excuse, if I never need it, is "officer, you can give me a ticket for swerving in and out of lanes, however I am going to do it again as soon as we are done. After all, it keeps me alive."