Main Menu

Favorite Ride?

Started by dtatum6, April 18, 2008, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtatum6

Quote from: repsol71 on April 18, 2008, 01:45:26 PM
Dave thanks a million for showing up yesterday, I really enjoyed riding with you, we wil have to do it again soon, I met up with my buddy at the 7-11 at the bottom of Gieger ran into those two guys we saw at the top of the truck route, they were headed home. See you at the track Sunday.

Yeah man that was fun.  You missed it, when we split of and i headed toward spooner this IDIOT decided he was going to slam on his brakes at 50 mph and flip a freakin U turn on the two lane road along the lake in the middle of some S turns!  I almost T-Bones the dude, i was so pissed of!

NVKrawler

Quote from: n10sive on April 18, 2008, 03:14:46 PM
once the sun shines? eh? It's been shining dude...let's go! LOL

unfortunatly i am stuck indoors all week and it seems the weekend weather sucks! Last weekend was my first chance to get to tahoe and it was def too cold to be leathered up... i wont ride the mountains without my leathers so it puts me in a bind.

Resistor

Quote from: russtman on April 18, 2008, 01:26:44 PM
That 162 over by bucks lake ride that we do is awesome.   Very windy , newly paved, IT ROCKS.   8)
+1, not to mention there are no other cars on that road!

I also love the La-Porte road.
2005 GSXR-600

Resistor

Quote from: NVKrawler on April 18, 2008, 04:22:59 PM
unfortunatly i am stuck indoors all week and it seems the weekend weather sucks! Last weekend was my first chance to get to tahoe and it was def too cold to be leathered up... i wont ride the mountains without my leathers so it puts me in a bind.

Are your leathers reallly perferated?  I like to wear this under my leathers when it's cold.  It is very thin so it fits under the leather suit easily.  As long as the wind (cold air) is not hitting you you'll stay warm.  I'll bring it to the track this Sunday if you want to take a closer look at it.

RS Taichi Windstopper - Link
2005 GSXR-600

n10sive

Those aren't near as pricey as buying a set of underarmor. Can't believe how much they get for that stuff!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Resistor

I wasn't even looking at the price, it was the first link that came up when I googled it.
What is the price of underarmor?  I was thinking of getting something like for for hotter weather...
2005 GSXR-600

Justin

89 emerald bay is a crawl during the summer way to many tourists going 10 miles an hour. (That's on the west shore way down south)
My favorite is in California. . .49 north Sattley to downieville to nevada city. You are alongside the Yuba river much of the time.  Between Downieville and Nevada City is very very twisty with elevation changes.  Nevada City is a cool place to stop if you need to. Then you take rt. 20 to 80 for a little while, get off rt 80 and ride old highway 40 back into truckee.

A DRAGON

Wow that just brought back some good memories. I to really like 49 to Nevada City. 162 was always a place for me. It was always so peaceful and twisty. Ebbits is always so tight I just love it. Monitor is always good for my soul. I always wonder why people stay in town you can do Markleeville for Lunch. Hwy 26 off of 88 was always one of my favorites now it seems so straight now. But boy the track is so wonderful to. I haven't been on a track I don't like.  So there you go. Now you Know.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Justin

This is a great subject.  NICE POST !

n10sive

Quote from: Resistor on April 18, 2008, 04:50:40 PM
I wasn't even looking at the price, it was the first link that came up when I googled it.
What is the price of underarmor?  I was thinking of getting something like for for hotter weather...

Underarmor works well in the cold too. I bought tops and bottoms and it was like $180!!!!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

nvgixxer

Hey guys! I live in Carson City and a few of the best "day" rides a group of us old retired guys take during mid week are as follows: First off for you new kids to the area, be very careful doing the Spooner and Kingsbury and around the Lake routes at anything much past the posted speed limit, there always seems to be a NHP or two along these routes at any given time.
For those high speed twistie thrills it's hard to beat the truck route up and into VC, lightly, if at all patrolled during the week. But watch out going from VC down Geiger Grade into Reno though, most always you'll encounter a LEO or two.
The best full day rides (one day dedicated to each of these sites) that we take are the Ice House Road, Monitor Pass, Ebbetts Pass, Sonora Pass, Hwy 89 from Truckee to hwy 49 to Downieville and around to Nevada City then back home via hwy 80 into Reno or cut off at hwy 267 back through Lake Tahoe and down Spooner to Carson City. My buddy that rides a 2002 busa and I really get down to business on these routes and have encountered very little CHP or LEO patrol activity over the years. But again, we mostly let it hang out during the week when everyday type traffic and law enforcement are at a minimum. I've only had my 2007 GSX-R1000 since June and already have racked up close to 8,000 miles doing these rides, they never become boring!!
Ride hard kids, but ride safe!  :) 
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Grey Goat

Ohhhh, that would be Hwy 96 (with a little bit of 299), between Arcata and Yreka, along the twisty Klamath River.  Highway 96 (beginning at Willow Creek) is 153 miles and 2.5 hrs of non-stop riding.  No cops, no stop lights, no stop signs.  Very little traffic, great pavement, relatively wide 2-lane state highway.  Well-marked 25-45 mph corners (for uninterrupted 50-90 mph strafing), with about 15 turns per mile.  Leave Arcata in the morning, scroot to Yreka for some great Mex food, scoot back to the coast for a fish & brew dinner.  Yummay  ;)   Ya just got to watch your manners on 299 (or put someone with a radar detector up front!) ... 

smoothduc

Quote from: nvgixxer on April 19, 2008, 12:58:27 PM
Hey guys! I live in Carson City and a few of the best "day" rides a group of us old retired guys take during mid week are as follows: First off for you new kids to the area, be very careful doing the Spooner and Kingsbury and around the Lake routes at anything much past the posted speed limit, there always seems to be a NHP or two along these routes at any given time.
For those high speed twistie thrills it's hard to beat the truck route up and into VC, lightly, if at all patrolled during the week. But watch out going from VC down Geiger Grade into Reno though, most always you'll encounter a LEO or two.
The best full day rides (one day dedicated to each of these sites) that we take are the Ice House Road, Monitor Pass, Ebbetts Pass, Sonora Pass, Hwy 89 from Truckee to hwy 49 to Downieville and around to Nevada City then back home via hwy 80 into Reno or cut off at hwy 267 back through Lake Tahoe and down Spooner to Carson City. My buddy that rides a 2002 busa and I really get down to business on these routes and have encountered very little CHP or LEO patrol activity over the years. But again, we mostly let it hang out during the week when everyday type traffic and law enforcement are at a minimum. I've only had my 2007 GSX-R1000 since June and already have racked up close to 8,000 miles doing these rides, they never become boring!!
Ride hard kids, but ride safe!  :) 

Is there some greeting/warning sign that exists here if you encounter any speed control at all?
Back in Germany we used to warn each other, had a handsignal and that saved alot of us from paying up. I miss that here, are we doing something like that?
s

Resistor

If you see a fellow motorcyclist patting the top of their helmet, that means there is law enforcement up ahead.
If a car shines their brights at you for a second (during the day) there is usually a cop ahead.
One time I was going through washoe valley and a car saved my a$$ by flashing their brights.  Sure enough there was a NHP under the bridge...
2005 GSXR-600

smoothduc

Quote from: Resistor on April 19, 2008, 05:13:58 PM
If you see a fellow motorcyclist patting the top of their helmet, that means there is law enforcement up ahead.
If a car shines their brights at you for a second (during the day) there is usually a cop ahead.
One time I was going through washoe valley and a car saved my a$$ by flashing their brights.  Sure enough there was a NHP under the bridge...
allright... that was nice of'em.
Under the bridge huh? I go there all the time, Franktown is a nice little loop for me. Another place they are is around washoe lake on the mountain side inside the Park Entry's. They hide behind the Ranger building or behind the large sagebrush @the wetlands entrance, you can hardly see them.
Just out of curiosity, why the pat on the helmet? Does it stand for anything? :D