Main Menu

Favorite Ride?

Started by dtatum6, April 18, 2008, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtatum6

Hey guys im still learning the different rides in the Reno, Tahoe, Carson area.  I thought it would be cool if everyone posted their favorite rides and shared some info or maybe even a video.  If you can include a mapquest of the ride as well.  Here is one i did yesterday. (Carson-Virginia City-MT Rose-Carson)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Carson+City,+NV&daddr=Virginia+City,+NV+to:Mt+Rose,+nv+to:Incline+Village,+NV+to:Carson+City,+NV&mra=pi&mrcr=3&jsv=107&sll=39.240364,-119.754581&sspn=0.30047,0.491638&ie=UTF8&ll=39.254056,-119.840927&spn=0.300411,0.491638&z=11

MotoPutz

Yesterday, do you work. I want to go for 3 hour rides in the middle of the week.

dtatum6

Quote from: Moto Scar on April 18, 2008, 10:03:30 AM
Yesterday, do you work. I want to go for 3 hour rides in the middle of the week.

Ha Ha, sometimes work can just wait! 

I like spooner for a short ride as well.  I can make it up and back from my house in about 14 minutes so its a quick little fix.  (thats going the speed limit of course)

NVKrawler

makes 2 of us... i only get to ride on the busy weekends

My favs are up off ice house... just break a different way and go... That and old part of 89 around emerald bay, we are flat out lucky to have that so close to us.

dtatum6

Quote from: NVKrawler on April 18, 2008, 10:21:12 AM

makes 2 of us... i only get to ride on the busy weekends

My favs are up off ice house... just break a different way and go... That and old part of 89 around emerald bay, we are flat out lucky to have that so close to us.

Where are those places?  Im still learning the area an what everything is called.  Where is ice house?  89 around the lake?

dtatum6

Moto Scar i sent you an email about the suit.  Can you tell me more, maybe send a pic?  Are you in Carson, maybe i can come by, if not i will be at the track on Sunday to watch maybe i could see it then.

n10sive

dtatum6,
I live in Minden and work at hwy88 and 395. I often duck out and take a ride down to Markleeville and then Monitor mid week. Sometime I do lunch by going up Kingsbury and eating at this little deli by Heavenly. Last weekend it was up Kingsbury, down Mt Rose, Up Gieger and down the Truck Route to Hwy 50 then back into Carson. That is a pretty good loop (aprox 130 miles) and a good fun ride for a 1/2 day.

I ride a BMW RT and my wife rides a Ninja 650.

Would be happy to go out scouting good roads and show you things like Ice House this summer. Give a shout sometime.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

russtman

That 162 over by bucks lake ride that we do is awesome.   Very windy , newly paved, IT ROCKS.   8)
Need  money!!!!   WILL WORK FOR TRACK DAYS.

repsol71

Dave thanks a million for showing up yesterday, I really enjoyed riding with you, we wil have to do it again soon, I met up with my buddy at the 7-11 at the bottom of Gieger ran into those two guys we saw at the top of the truck route, they were headed home. See you at the track Sunday.
I am always ready to rip!!!

MotoPutz

I sent you an email back with a pic and some info. Let me know what you want to do.

smoothduc

Washoe Valley to Carson, via Jacks Valley Road into Genoa, up Kingsbury Grade into South Lake Tahoe, around the Lake via Emerald Bay, Meeks Bay, Crystal Bay into Incline Village, then up and down Mount Rose....for the "I NEED A BREAK" type ride.
Up VC down the Truck Route for quick fixes.
s

n10sive

Quote from: smoothduc on April 18, 2008, 01:52:55 PM
Washoe Valley to Carson, via Jacks Valley Road into Genoa, up Kingsbury Grade into South Lake Tahoe, around the Lake via Emerald Bay, Meeks Bay, Crystal Bay into Incline Village, then up and down Mount Rose....for the "I NEED A BREAK" type ride.
Up VC down the Truck Route for quick fixes.
s

Heck from Reno do, up Mt. Rose, Down Spooner, up Kingsbury, (I prefer east shore lake to west), and back down rose. That's a decent put. :)

smoothduc

hm..sounds like that needs to be tried out soon. Need a new tire first. s

NVKrawler

dtatum6 - stay tuned man, this is a great group of locals on this board, i am really hoping we can get some good rides in once the sun shines... either way, you can put around with us.

n10sive

once the sun shines? eh? It's been shining dude...let's go! LOL