Main Menu

WSBK 4/26/09 SPOILER!!

Started by Adiggity, April 28, 2009, 08:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiggity

I can't believe nobody has mentioned how awesome the end of race one was. That has to be one of the ballsiest moves I have ever seen in racing. Where Spies made that pass was just 100% nuts and 100% commitment. Talk about being all in! I had chills watching that! What a move! I was so bummed to see him crash out in race 2......... :( I just hope he can get up there consistently ahead of Haga to make it a good points battle to the end. He looks to be the only one who can consistently challenge him.... when he doesn't crash! But Haga is riding awesome. It's really a win win for me because Haga was my boy before this year, but now he is my second main man. I am still pumped over that move though! And to see how excited he was when he crossed the finish line. That had to be one of his most exciting race finishes in his career. I'd like to hear him rank it.

n10sive

I have wanted to comment on a few of the races. AMA Supersport a few races ago had some great racing too. I about came out of my seat watching Spies pull off that pass! But alas....it's pretty scary talking about races around here...you don't know how long it takes for people to clear off their DVR's.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

Adiggity

Hey man, if you put the spoiler warning and they read it and get poed, screw em. This is what a forum is for! To talk about this stuff!  ;) Talk away!  ;D

I just wish Spies would stop crashing! If he doesn't knock it off, I'm going to have to start calling him Stoner Jr.

n10sive

good! cause I have been dying to talk about some of the racing!  :D WSBK has been fantastic this year.
AMA not so much at times.

And I agree about the Stoner Jr comment. 4 wins, 4 crashes. It has been awesome to see him do so well in WSBK as a so called 'rookie'. I'll have to give him a pass in race 2 this week as there seemed to be something wrong based on the number of front end tucks in that race.

Adiggity

I don't know. I'm not giving him a pass because Haga didn't crash. I honestly think he was just trying to push a little harder to break away from Haga, Just pushed too hard too early. It didn't hear if he was running a hard front or what but I just think he pushed a little too much for that early in the race. Understandable, seeing his desire to win is unquestionable, proven by where he made that pass in race 1. Those guys are soooo close to that edge already. Just that extra fraction of a second later on the brakes, or off, and down you go. That level of riding really is amazing to me for that many laps consistently.

Yeah and the AMA Daytona Sportbike at Road America was great too. Say what you want about the pace car, but it made for some great racing as a spectator. Sucked for Zemke, but they all play under the same rules.. :-\

n10sive

wow...just wow. That was one hell of a get off! Glad he didn't get hurt worse.

Talking about trashing a bike! LOL

Adiggity

Quote from: scotinexcile on April 28, 2009, 12:03:35 PM
Didi you see the video taken from the stands of the crash? His rear hit the dirt which was what caused the crash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEh92QVQTDo

Watch his BACK wheel hit the dirt
Wow. Thanks for that Alan! I wish they would've shown that shot on SPEED Channel. That is a totally different crash than what I thought happened. He just went too wide coming out. He could've easily avoided that crash. He was barely leaned over.....dammit. That is just lack of concentration, riding too far ahead of himself. Most people don't look up the track far enough. He looked up the track too far!  :-\

Yard Sale

You guys talking about the pass on Haslam or the pass on Haga? The pass on Haslam was ballsy alright, but it was, "Hey I'm here I'm not going anywhere but in front of you." But the pass on Haga he pulled out of... um, a magic hat, yeah, that's it.

Saw the race #2 crash, turned off the TV, went back to work in the garage. :(

reno240sx

Quote from: scotinexcile on April 28, 2009, 12:03:35 PM
Didi you see the video taken from the stands of the crash? His rear hit the dirt which was what caused the crash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEh92QVQTDo

Watch his BACK wheel hit the dirt

I read that he had clipped the grass and that shows exactly what happened. I think that may be the same section that caused a couple people to get a little squirly during superpole.

dmh2000

Quote from: Yard Sale on April 28, 2009, 02:10:53 PM
You guys talking about the pass on Haslam or the pass on Haga? The pass on Haslam was ballsy alright, but it was, "Hey I'm here I'm not going anywhere but in front of you." But the pass on Haga he pulled out of... um, a magic hat, yeah, that's it.

I'm liking both passes. they were incredible. I made my wife watch the end twice. and how about the WSupersport race shown today? if you haven't seen it yet, the last lap is even closer than SBK #1.
dave

Adiggity

Quote from: Yard Sale on April 28, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Yeah, I was talking about the pass on Haga. The one where they are probably doing 140+. Scared the S#@$ out of Haga too. He did not expect that. The 3 corner battle with Haslem was awesome too. Neither of them were giving in to one another. But neither got dirty either. Just awesome racing! I'm going to go watch it again. I saved it too. I probably won't ever erase that one!

Quote from: scotinexcile on April 28, 2009, 02:05:01 PM
  You planning on ANY AFM this year at all?
I want to for sure but I am playing it by ear. I am for sure doing Miller endurance next month with WERA. But still one round at a time with AFM so far.  :(

Yard Sale

QuoteI am for sure doing Miller endurance next month with WERA.
Let me know if you need any help. I should have the day free if I don't seize my 250 at the end of the front straight. Also looking to share some garage space.

D1NO

Just watched both races... all i gotta say is WOW!!!

Adiggity

Quote from: Yard Sale on April 28, 2009, 04:51:09 PM
Let me know if you need any help. I should have the day free if I don't seize my 250 at the end of the front straight. Also looking to share some garage space.
Eric, I won't ever turn down extra "on call" help with endurance racing. We have a crew, but we may need some help. I think we may have some room in the garage too if you wanna help pitch in. Thanks for offering!  :)

Team Gorgonzola

What a great thread, thanks for the video post and everybody commentary. I love this club. ;D
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-